Changing the world is all in a day's work at Apple. If you love innovation, here's your chance to make a career of it. You'll work hard. But the job comes with more than a few perks.
Hands-on senior software engineering for the Apple Media Products Infrastructure Engineering team.
As an engineer in the Infrastructure team, you will:
Be designing, developing and deploying large scale services and platforms Be a product owner with a vision for what your building for your internal customers Be a team mate, a leader, a student, and a mentor Be eager to learn new technologies and solutions Be curious about how systems work and how they fail, because they always do Have some cool war stories to tell from your past experience Believe in automation and tooling as a critical part of the software lifecycle Love measuring all things so we can make the right decisions
- Experience with Scala or any other functional programming language
- 5+ years crafting, implementing and supporting highly scalable backend applications
- Deep understanding of HTTP and REST APIs
- Ability to craft and establish coding patterns/standards across multiple code repositories
- Mentor team members on writing code that is efficient, maintainable and testable
- Ability to re-architect an expansive code base while transitioning to new technologies/frameworks
- Experience with NoSQL & technologies like Cassandra, Kafka
- Deep understanding of multi-threaded programming concepts and the ability to thrive on highly collaborative, multi-functional projects that are high profile and critical to the Apple Media Products services (App Store, Apple Music, etc)
Description: Apple Media Products has been leading the digital media industry by constantly developing innovative features since its launch in April 2003. We are looking for a self starting, energetic individual who is not afraid to question assumptions and with excellent written and oral communication skills. The candidate should have experience developing large-scale systems. The ability to be a good team player under tight deadline constraints in addition to ability to tackle problems with imaginative solutions is key to success in this position.
Education: B.Sc or higher in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with Akka in particular or with the Actor Model in general
Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
REQUISITION NUMBER: 113025247 COMPANY NAME: Apple Inc.