CrowdTwist is seeking a talented DevOps Engineer for our growing team based in New York City. In this role, you will work directly with many areas of our platform including managing the entire CrowdTwist infrastructure. You will be involved in many different projects as we continue to grow and enhance our platform. Your work will directly influence the loyalty program offerings for many of our clients, such as Pepsi, Marvel Comics, Beall's, AMC’s The Walking Dead, and Zumiez.
We are a venture-backed NYC based company that provides the most comprehensive omni-channel loyalty & analytics solutions for industry leading brands. We're relaxed, experienced, hard driving and are changing our industry.
Your work will span many areas of the CrowdTwist platform, including but not limited to:
- Managing CrowdTwist's cloud infrastructure (AWS) and virtualization environments
- Develop and maintain the deployment pipeline and QA environments to enable engineering teams
- Work closely with the engineering teams to deliver high quality, high availability platform solutions
This role is for a DevOps engineer who loves to roll up their sleeves, dive in, and tackle any problem with speed and precision. Taking initiative and being organized and solutions-focused is a must. You will be utilizing your experience with systems administration, agile development practices and performance monitoring to build high-performance, scalable, and fault tolerant web and data processing applications. Some of our current initiatives are rolling out full continuous deployment, implementing infrastructure as code everywhere, and deploying the application to datacenters in multiple geographical regions. We operate in an agile manner, so you must thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy shipping product.
In this role, you will work with a broad tech stack, including but not limited to:
- Java microservices
- ELK stack for monitoring/log analysis
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, VPC, ELB, RDS, S3, Route53 etc.)
- Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo)
- Have a BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Have 4+ years of professional experience in Linux administration
- Have high level knowledge of shell scripting
- Have working experience with AWS or other cloud architectures
- Have working experience deploying, releasing and supporting highly scalable cloud based applications and architectures.
- Have working experience with configuration management tooling (Ansible, Puppet, etc.) and dev environment tools (Continuous integration, JIRA, Crucible, Git, etc)
- Love automating everything and building out informative monitoring dashboards
At over one million lines of code, you’ll be working with large, highly-trafficked, scalable applications. Quality and high availability is of extreme importance to us, so we're looking for a professional engineer that takes a pragmatic and passionate approach to technology to solve problems.
- Experience administering multiple datacenters in multiple countries
- Experience with network security, firewalls/ACLs, VPN services, and directory services
More About Us:
We have a fun, generous company culture that's built on our fundamental principle that when you give more, you get more:
- We offer a generous employee benefits package including stock options, fully paid medical, dental and vision plans for employees and their dependents
- We bring toys to the office but still think the most fun thing to do is build product
- We love getting to know one another outside the office through CrowdTwist sponsored events (volleyball and dodgeball teams, movies, happy hour, etc.)
- Provide lunches, drinks and snacks so our team can be hungry for other things
- Learn from and teach each other at CrowdTwist U
- Have a great office in a great neighborhood
- Try to say what we mean and mean what we say
If this sounds like you, get in touch. We're cool, relaxed, experienced, hard driving, changing our industry and looking for smart people like yourself to help tackle tough technical challenges.
This is a full-time position based in our New York City office. Apply by sending us your resume and cover letter. Relocation assistance will be available if needed.