Schrödinger’s success is based on producing scientific software that has an impact on processes in the real world, whether in drug discovery or materials design. That software is built by a combination of software engineers and scientists who write code.
We are looking to add an engineer to our infrastructure and tools team, which keeps our continuous integration running, builds tools that help the software engineering process, and maintains and optimizes the overall software delivery system. We strive to keep our code as simple as possible so that we can build high quality solutions while keeping a practical focus on getting things done. You will help us scale our build and test infrastructure to meet growing demands by our scientific developers. You will also help scientific developers understand and fix system problems.
Schrödinger offers a flexible work environment, provides lunch twice a week, breakfast twice a week, and has a ping pong and foosball tables. Our employees stick around for years because this is a great place to work.
Our requirements are minimal because we believe that if you are a smart and reasonable engineer that has an interest in learning that you will be able to pick up any specifics that you don’t already have.
- Good systems knowledge for Linux (or Windows).
- Ability to write maintainable, easily understood code in a modern language. (python, go)
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to Haves
- C programming experience. While we don’t expect that you will be writing much (or likely any) C, real experience with C programming will help in diagnosing problems that scientific developers are having.
- AWS experience.
- Good Python knowledge. (Most of the code you write will be in Python.)
- Familiarity with build systems. (waf, make)
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools. (Jenkins, buildbot)
- Experience with a variety development tools. (Gerrit, reviewboard, GitLab, Docker, Packer, Consul, Vault, etc.)
- A love of automated testing as the way to minimize downtime and keep the system humming.
- Ability to write bash scripts, tempered with the knowledge that this skill should be used in extreme moderation.
- A healthy disdain for perl.
Please apply directly on our site: https://www.schrodinger.com/careers/software-engineers/software-engineer-infrastructure-and-tools