About the Position
As a Software Engineer at APT, you will apply your knowledge of computer science, math, and statistics to data gathered by retail stores, restaurants, banks, and other consumer-focused companies. The challenge is to create cutting-edge predictive algorithms and analytical techniques that can handle on-the-fly processing of big data sets across hundreds of dimensions and deliver this capability via cloud-based software-as-a-service to our customers. You will have the opportunity to build appealing interfaces that make discovering and visualizing data patterns simple for a user with limited training. The reward is well worth the effort as an elegant solution can create millions of dollars of profit in a single run.
Engineers work in small, flexible teams. Every team member contributes to feature design, building, and testing. The range of work you encounter varies from front-end web development to writing server side calculation code to database work. There are no rigid organizational structures at APT; each team uses processes that work the best for that team's members and projects.
What does this mean for you?
- Engineers at APT have a real impact. Build features used by some of the world's largest organizations to make multi-million dollar decisions.
- Continuously innovate and determine new technologies and approaches to deal with larger and larger data sets faster and faster.
- Play a key role in shaping the direction of engineering processes through working on a small team empowered to organize and run the team as they see fit.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Highly motivated, creative, self-directed, and thrives in small project teams
- Development experience and strong technical competence with object-oriented programming
- Demonstrated analytical / quantitative skills
- Superior academic record at a leading national university
APT is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. Applicants will be considered and treated without regard to gender, gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, veteran or disabled status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.