We’re looking for a new designer to join our talanted, focused, and growing creative team. Our ideal candidate is comfortable creating new, engaging designs on a daily basis and working in a pipeline that is mostly UI and branding focused. They will take concepts from copy and functional specs to high-fidelity page mockups, create intelligent and compelling assets for digital display, and enhance our clients' brands through thoughtful designs that also look pretty darn cool . Our team is built of uncommonly skilled and dedicated individuals from all walks of life, but we’re all driven, deadline-conscious, and organized. This position is full-time, and on-site at our Monrovia, CA headquarters.
- Rapidly build and iterate on polished, high-fidelity web prototypes that express design intent, using the best and most appropriate tools and techniques for the task.
- Work with account managers, clients, and other stakeholders to successfully translate client vision into tangible visualizations (sketches, wireframes, and mockups.)
- This might mean personally interfacing with clients via various channels to truly understand project scope and deliverables and helping to create a "plan of attack" for each project
- Translate copy and written outlines into wireframes.
- Create branded style tiles and website branding from client inspirational moodboards and existing brand seeds.
- View website design projects from the top down to ensure separate website mockups coexist and integrate into the broader UX client ecosystem and roadmap.
- Work with the Creative Director to help set design standards for individual projects while still working within client's brand guidlines
- Help maintain the highest standard of design possible across all projects through mentorship, leading by example, and staying up to date on industry trends, new technologies, and best practices for UX/UI
- 3-5 years of experience delivering web page, web UI/UX , and responsive website designs.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your ability to create great user-centered design solutions with detailed attention to typography, color, imagery, motion, and graphic elements.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), human behavior psychology/science, or equivalent professional experience as a UX designer.
- Expert knowledge designing and prototyping with leading design tools (ordered by our preference):
- Strong working knowledge of user-centered design methodologies, usability principles, web-based information architecture, and design.
- Ability to scope design initiatives accurately and prioritize tasks appropriately.
The perfect Candidate should be:
- A team-player who is not afraid to contribute ideas, but also takes good direction
- An empowered self-starter with excellent project and time management skills
- The ability to follow art and creative direction, work independently and be comfortable presenting to a group
- Someone who knows that good design can be found everywhere and that details really matter
- A highly motivated person with strong organizational and time management skills
- Flexible and able to adapt to changes quickly
- Extremely comfortable learning new technologies