Company Description reBuy is the easy-to-use online reCommerce retailer. It all started with an idea of two students and increased into a million dollar vision. Today reBuy is one of the leading players in European reCommerce industry with 400 employees and grew up into a powerful business. You can be part of our exciting journey!
Have you ever got the chance to rework a search system from bottom up? Choose the technologies, processes and algorithms you want to choose? If you are up for this challenge, we have it! We have currently 2 developers working on our Solarcloud based search and to boost our search we are looking for someone to lead our search team and build the search we need in the future.
- You keep track of recent trends within the IT scene and you have a broad knowledge about modern development methods and instruments
- Act as a leader - be a mentor to engineers, your team, new team members and apply technical expertise to challenging programming and design problems
- Build a scalable search system including content acquisition, indexing and query interfaces
- Thought leadership and continuous improvement on scalability, performance and efficiency of the search system
- Incorporate machine learning ranking algorithms in traditional information retrieval systems
- Measure and analyze data to identify opportunities to improve search quality
- Experience with a Lucene based search system (Elasticsearch / Solr)
- You are not only good at algorithms but can also write solid, production quality code to take the algorithms to production
- Your coding experience encompasses at least two of the following: Go, Java, Python, Ruby, Scala, Kafka, RabbitMQ or similar
- Optional: Experience with big / fast data methodologies
We are offering a unique job in an innovation-friendly company within an inspiring and flourishing environment. You have the free choice of your OS and IDE. We will provide you state of the art hardware. Our hierarchy is and will always be flat. Our atmosphere is open-minded: Something you want to change? Or something to introduce? Let us talk about it. The projects have a broad scope for codecision-making. Our goals are ambitious and the will lead us to exciting paths.
TECH @ reBuy
Think of reBuy's tech department as a Ninja robot!" Learn more about that robot - what he likes and why he runs on cake. Mhh cake, at reBuy.tech we love cake. Get to know the reBuy IT team, its projects and technologies on: https://tech.rebuy.com/