2017-11-07 20:35:02 True False
Senior Product Designer
About Product Design at CircleCI
- We think that, at the core, design is a method of problem solving — a way to help people accomplish their goals. We are looking for a driven designer to work with our design team to continue refining the way our customers use CircleCI and create new solutions that are unquestionably simple, intuitive, and “just work.” We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, and love giving and receiving honest, thoughtful feedback.
- We are in a unique position to change the way development teams turn code into software. We have a lot of UX challenges to work on and plenty of new things in our pipeline. There is no shortage of pixels to push. You will have the opportunity to be at the forefront of our efforts and be directly responsible for decisions that will form the way people experience CircleCI. You'll use a full range of skills from product design, user research, interaction design, and visual design to build what seems like a magical experience for software developers.
- The Product Design team is responsible for generating beautiful and effective user experiences: from high-level product thinking, to interaction flows and just-enough mockups, all the way to front-end implementation (HTML and CSS). Product Design works with and across every team at CircleCI to develop and ship a clean and cohesive user experience.
- Velocity is critical for software teams in today's competitive landscape, but maintaining speed can be difficult as apps and systems grow larger and more complex. CircleCI’s platform allows developers to rapidly release code (for web and mobile apps) they trust by automating the build, test, and deploy process. CircleCI enables developers to detect and fix bugs before they even reach customers. Thousands of leading companies including Facebook, Kickstarter, Shyp and Spotify rely on CircleCI to accelerate delivery of their code and enable developers to focus on creating business value fast.
What you'll be doing:
- You’ll speak with and visit users to understand their challenges and workflow
- You'll drive the design vision and strategy for your product projects, along with our design, product, and engineering managers.
- You'll work cross-functionally with our product and engineering teams to represent design, and give feedback in planning and product channels.
- You’ll help guide, improve, and implement our design process.
- You'll be an active and available mentor for other designers.
- You'll help recruit and interview designers, and actively improve our design hiring process.
- You're a user experience whisperer. You can distill complicated problems into simple solutions.
- An understanding of what makes an experience good or bad is critical to us.
- You can think through a person's problems, identify reasonable solutions, mock them up in detail, and work with engineers to build them.
- We love making things more beautiful and believe that unconscious friction is a source of poor usability (and we hope you feel the same.)
- You have an innate understanding of composition, balance, symmetry, and white space and believe that product and design decisions are inextricably linked.
- A refined aesthetic sense. You can work within and expand the CircleCI style.
- You're a self-starter who actively seeks ways to make the CircleCI experience both visually appealing and easy to use but understand constraints on systems enough to be able to break these things down into small bits.
- You understand the technical limitations and liberties behind your decisions and have the chops to communicate your ideas to our engineers. That said, you can communicate design effectively, regardless of the audience.
- You look for opportunities to solve problems for people in unusual and innovative ways and enjoy working with engineers to ship small, quick experiments to validate your ideas and opinions.
- Experience designing for the web (responsive/adaptive design is really important to us) and the understanding how to apply both form and function while maintaining simplicity.
- You want to work on a team of awesome designers and engineers, building a product that helps teams of software developers to ship better code, faster.
What we want to see:
- 4+ years of design experience (previous SaaS, enterprise or Developer tool work a huge plus.)
- Experience doing user research and running usability tests
- A portfolio of work that shows complex and creative UX solutions, great visual design and a solid grasp of information architecture.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JS (advanced knowledge a big plus) with a desire/willingness to code.
- An established, repeatable, and shareable design process that encourages collaboration between designers, product, and engineering teams.
- Experience with Lean UX methodologies
- If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resume and cover letter along with a link to your portfolio, describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open source project, write a blog, or share your work on a design community (Behance, Dribbble, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
- We care deeply about diversity and inclusivity. We’re hiring at all experience levels, and seek talented teammates from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences who are equally committed to cultivating a work environment of respect and kindness. We carefully consider every applicant that takes the time to apply.
- CircleCI is a Bay Area Best Places to Work 2016 award winner. Founded in 2011 and headquartered in beautiful downtown San Francisco with a global remote workforce, CircleCI is venture backed by Scale Venture Partners, DFJ, Baseline Ventures and Harrison Metal Capital.
Travail non actif
À plein temps
il y a 4 mois
il y a 1 mois