Shore is an IT and strategy consulting firm focusing on innovation in the public sector. We deliver services and tools that advance public sector organizations and the services they provide. Shore’s working environment is flexible, collaborative, and down to earth. We work hard and deliver exceptional quality, but don’t take ourselves too seriously in doing so.
Job Purpose: The position is responsible for independently analyzing, developing, testing, and supporting highly complex application software. The successful candidate will work with project teams and help develop strategies for developing complex applications.
What it’s like to work at Shore:
- Flexible culture and working environment
- Opportunities to learn and advance
- Contribute to innovative projects and work with the newest technologies
- Be encouraged to bring your own ideas forward
Primary responsibilities: This role is demanding and diverse, with the following responsibilities:
- Designs, analyzes, and documents software applications across multiple project teams and applications:
- Investigates and analyzes verbal and written requests for application software.
- Works in tandem with UX designer to interpret application requirements to construct UIs for highly complex applications.
- Maintains high standards of quality for code, functional specification documentation, and deliverables.
- Constructs, tests, deploys, and maintains web applications:
- Adheres to industry best practices and contributes to internal coding standards.
- Develops highly complex software code, which is maintainable, easy to use, and satisfies application requirements.
- Develops and executes application test plans, analyzes test results, and makes appropriate revisions to ensure the applications function as specified.
- Contributes to the planning for acceptance testing and implementation of new software, performing supporting activities to ensure that customers have the information and assistance they need for a successful implementation.
- Writes automated UI tests.
- Provides support to internal users and support staff.
- Researches, assesses and facilitates the adoption of new technologies.
- Works with and, in some instances, provides work direction to our vendor partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or similar
- Extensive experience with HTML5, CSS3
- Understanding of MVC/MVVM patterns
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of accessibility requirements on the web
- Experience with testing frameworks (Jasmine, Cucumber, Selenium)
- Understanding of webservers - application hosting / deployment practices
- Good knowledge of UNIX / Linux – shell scripting, code deployment and management
- Practical knowledge of MySQL / SQL Server
- Knowledge of Ruby and/or Python is an asset
- Good communication skills and ability to work independently