Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc., Digital & Technology inspires athletes worldwide to move faster, push harder and pursue their personal best. From personalized training content to access to sport’s top stories, the world of Nike Digital is leveling the playing field like nothing before. This team powers Nike’s entire digital presence, including nike.com and NIKEiD, Nike+ products and mobile applications, digital brand experiences and consumer interactions. Using consumer analytics, statistics, digital marketing, software development and social media, Nike Digital disrupts with new and better ways for consumers to connect with products and each other, delivering sport into the future.
Description: We’re taking digital to the next level. We've opened a new Digital Innovation Lab (DIL) in NYC that’s dedicated to creating engaging and innovative consumer experiences across all of our digital products and services. And you’re going to help grow the DIL and Nike’s New York technology presence with us. All the passion and hustle of a start-up, but at the scale, stability, and benefits of Nike.
Goals of the Digital Innovation Lab in NYC:
- Bring community & collaboration features to digital products and services
- Build empowered teams of high functioning ICs
- Rethinking about how we do digital experiences
- Grow Nike’s presence in New York’s technology community
The Digital Innovation Lab will be initially focused on our SNKRS app, a sleekly designed online store stocked with high-end shoes. This application is targeted towards the sneaker enthusiast, and it’s function extends beyond the digital storefront. While shoes are a consumer staple, Nike's success in footwear owes a great deal to the lifestyle brand and image that the company has cultivated, and there exists a sizable market of sneaker enthusiasts. A culture has developed around the products that places a premium on fashion and rarity, and the SNKRS app represents an attempt by Nike to further bridge sneaker culture into the social-media sphere.
Our Offer… As our Sr. Android Engineer, you will play an integral role in developing innovative Android native experiences. In this role, you will be:
- Innovating, architecting, designing and implementing highly visible projects that directly impact the customer experience
- Contributing ideas for new features and identifying areas for improvement proactively
- Collaborating with development and product team members at Nike to design, develop, and deploy innovative mobile applications
- Provide technical leadership and best engineering practices to initiate, plan, and execute unique and innovative experiences
- Writing clean, tested, and well-documented code
What we're looking for:
- Academic background in computer science (BS or MS) or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years’ experience developing, releasing, and maintaining native Android Applications
- Deep understanding of the Android SDK
- Animation, custom UI, and sensor experience
- Ability to work closely with Product Managers, other development teams, and QA teams
- Be a self-starter with a passion for technology and a burning desire to constantly improve yourself, the product, and the codebase
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced startup-like environment
- Openness to new technologies and creative solutions
- Experience estimating work, planning, organization and implementing complex software projects
- Ability to pass a 7 year background investigation
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
For a list of all of our openings, visit: https://jobs.nike.com/digital
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
We’re interested in learning more about you and appreciate you taking the time to apply. Click Here To Apply
Software Tester/ Test Analyst (m/f)
Agile Coach (m/f)
Senior Software Engineer - iTunes Pricing Infrastructu...