Are you an exceptional developer who loves to research and build with new technologies? Do you lean toward back-end development, with the skills to work the rest of the stack? Are you most energized working with a multifunctional team of awesome front-end dev and design talent? Can you hold your own at the occasional 24-hour hackathon?
Sabre Labs, the dedicated emerging tech and innovation lab at Sabre, is looking for an awesome Principal Software Developer. We are tasked with exploring and prototyping new product experiences using the emerging technologies with the highest potential impact on the travel industry. We build prototype applications for mobile, Web, IoT, and other emerging platforms (AR, VR, etc.). We are a small, multi-functional group that values design, development, and business equally and strives to provide thought leadership for our company, our customers and the broader travel industry. We're a tight-knit group obsessed with all things tech, travel, and tacos.
As part of the development team, you will explore new technologies by building working prototypes that showcase the potential of emerging tech in a travel context. Every day you will traverse the development stack from business logic to back end setup and everything in between, working closely with front-end talent to make projects happen. You will be the primary authority on backend systems, building out appropriate infrastructure for each project including cloud services, database implementations, API (and OAuth) integrations, and other DevOps oriented tasks.
- Develop prototypes and projects end-to-end using any technologies necessary.
- Think strategically about each project to balance business, design, and engineering goals.
- Influence infrastructure decisions for each prototype, then build out the tech support the prototype.
- Accurately scope work in order to create and meet development deadlines.
- Share Labs knowledge, prototypes, and vision for emerging tech in travel with colleagues and customers.
- Experience with both dynamic and static programming languages. Expertise in a primary language is a requirement, as well as an openness to work in new languages and with new technologies.
- Extensive application development experience including building, hosting, and deploying.
- Ability to set up infrastructure for the team including OAuth & API connections, database services, and DevOps automation when warranted.
- Handle database setup, design, interaction, optimization, and maintenance.
- Highly developed organizational skills including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Self-starter able to bring robust thinking, excellent problem solving, and fresh approaches to each project.
Reasonable Accommodation Sabre is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants applying for a Sabre position with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact Sabre's Employee Relations Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Affirmative Action Sabre is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. EEO IS THE LAW