We look for talented individuals who want to work in Tokyo, Japan!
Voyagin (a subsidiary of Rakuten, Inc.’s travel division) is the fastest growing platform to book tickets to attractions, sightseeing tours and the best things to do in Asia.
Our mission is to help travelers discover and book the best Asia has to offer with over 3,500 things to do in 50 destinations including cultural experiences, adventure activities, private day tours and tickets to theme parks in Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Bali, and Thailand. More recently, Voyagin has launched a platform for guests to reserve tables at 150+ Michelin-star restaurants in Japan.
At Voyagin, we’re dedicated to building a new travel experience and a whole new way for you to discover and book the best tours, activities, and tickets in Asia, but we can’t do this without a great team - that includes YOU! Together, we work to deliver that perfect experience, both online and offline, so that travelers to Asia can enjoy the best things to do. We’ve seen incredible growth in the past 6 months, but these are just the early days; come join our team to shape the future of the tours and activities space!
About Your Tech Team
We aim to build a world-class tech team with talented individuals. As the backend engineer, you’ll be using agile web development methodologies with Rails and responsible for scaling and maintaining the architecture upon which Voyagin is built. We’re looking for an individual who can join and push us even further.
- Knowledge of Git
- Willing to write test code
- 3 years experience working as a programmer
- Experience in Ruby on Rails in the most recent year
- Experience in Heroku, RSpec, Elasticsearch, and Data Analysis
- Experience building and scaling an ecommerce site
- Experience in dealing with products in multiple currencies, languages and time zones
- A fundamental understanding of SEO
- Take part in the amazing travel experiences - we have the best things to do in Asia!
- Work with a multinational team - a lot of us have very diverse backgrounds. At the very least, we promise it'll be interesting.
- Ability to work with the giants. As part of Rakuten, Japan’s largest e-commerce site and one of the biggest internet companies in the world, there's lots to learn.
- We're happy to help your visa application and relocation!