Contentful powers digital experiences for major brands around the globe. Its content infrastructure provides developers a powerful set of APIs to manage, integrate, and deliver content to any device or service -- be it mobile apps, IoT devices in the home, SaaS products, Super Bowl campaigns, smart car dashboards, digital signage, VR and AR experiences, or the next big platform yet to come. Companies like Spotify, Red Bull, Petsmart, Specialized, Twilio, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to solve the complexities of content management in the modern multi-channel world.
The demand for this next generation of tools is in the numbers: the company continues to double revenue year over year and has raised close to $20M from VC firms including Benchmark, Trinity, Balderton, and Point Nine.
We're a fun team of over 130 people from 40 nations with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, looking for more amazing individuals to join our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a member of Contentful Quality Team, you will be responsible for systematic software testing and make sure that our customers get an amazing bug-free experience. You will be involved in the development process in very early stages, not only when the feature is ready to be tested.
Our Contentful product is a great arena for QA as its UI is full of advanced features, real-time functionalities, dynamic state heavy logic which is great to exercise and grow your knowledge on how to build and execute test plans.
You will be able to dive into many aspects of our user interface and APIs, define a strategy for testing new features and functionality, and be responsible for improving quality across Contentful. Your job is to keep our quality bar set high and to help us identify and execute ways to raise it even higher.
- Initiate and lead quality conversations starting from a new feature initiation phase
- Facilitate a culture of shared ownership of quality among the team
- Collaborate with Product Owner and other Engineers in identifying the risk factors and test scenarios for new projects and features
- Create test coverage plans for new features, collaborate closely with QA Automation Engineers
- Execute manual testing of UI and API features
- Participate in support defects triage activity
- Mentor team members on good quality assurance practices
- You are a team player who has solid experience working in Agile cross-functional teams and championing quality as a shared team responsibility
- Expertise in the entire software development lifecycle—requirements gathering, analysis, design, implementation, quality assurance, deployment, and maintenance.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in functional and GUI testing of web-based applications
- You have a good understanding of how web applications are built and work
- Experience with cross-browser testing and related tools (SauceLabs, BrowserStack, VMs, etc)
- You are able to provide clear bug and issue descriptions and assist in escalations as needed
- Understanding the value and benefits of automated testing
- Excellent communication skills
- You are comfortable with and willing to mentor other team members on good quality assurance practices and workflows
- You get stuff done. We are looking for someone we can trust to do a good job without much handholding - you should enjoy responsibility
NICE TO HAVE
- Familiarity with Git VCS
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!