IoT Solution Engineer(Job Number: 00001DNB)
Description: Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for an IoT Solution Engineer. This position can be located at any J&J operating site in the United States. However, a strong preference will be given to those located in Cincinnati, OH; Somerville, NJ; or Mt. View, CA.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Medical Devices represents more than 60 manufacturing sites and 26,000 employees who plan, source, manufacture and deliver high-quality and cost-effective medical products to our customers around the globe each day. Work of the MD organization supports a multitude of product platforms, new products and delivery systems that are used in a wide range of procedures throughout the healthcare industry, including interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, minimally invasive surgery, hospital sterilization, clinical laboratory testing, diabetes management, joint replacement surgery and vision care.
If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
The Opportunity The IT R&D Product Innovation group's mission is to reach more patients and restore more lives by innovating and enhancing Johnson & Johnson's medical device products. We are looking for a talented IoT Solution Engineer to drive the implementation playbook of our new Internet of Things (IoT) capability. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset, excellent communication skills, and comfortable presenting to R&D software engineer. This candidate will be a passionate change agent and capable of driving IoT projects across the J&J Medical Devices sector. A passion for tinkering, prototyping, and keeping pace with industry trends in IoT is a must. We invite you to become part of a team that is breaking new ground in the ways J&J builds IoT solutions.
- Partner with R&D Product Lines to drive the IoT Cloud development strategy and architecture
- Generate the IoT data models that represent the "digital twin" of the medical device
- Be the subject matter expert in communication protocols, for example: o IoT Protocols: MQTT, REST APIs, DDS, AMQP o Wireless Edge Access Protocols: Wifi, Cellular, Bluetooth, RFID
- Drive standards in the areas of device provisioning, remote software upgrades, and remote access
- Work with medical device software engineers to identity the telemetry data ingestion strategy taking into account computing power and the business value of the data
- Partner across multiple operating segments including application development and Cybersecurity to realize the IoT vision
- Collaborate across the J&J matrix to define and deliver standard IoT platform(s)
- Partner with the R&D Product Development organizations to understand their IoT needs, help prioritize investments, develop use cases, generate processes, and develop overall solution requirements including application definition, integration, security, and system configurations
- Provide technical and thought leadership for the development and integration of new IoT solutions
- Lead virtual teams, manage project schedules and launch innovative new connected medical device products following SDLC processes
- Collect requirements from different directions, always orienting yourself to the concrete needs of the patient
- Bachelor's Degree in the field of computer science, engineering, or a related engineering field is preferred
- Master's Degree is preferred
- Strong knowledge of software development or engineering processes is required
- Experience leading, managing, and delivering IoT projects is required
- 3 years of demonstrable project experience using cutting-edge IoT technologies such as Microsoft Azure IoT, Azure edge runtime, PTC's Thingworx, or other open source technologies is required
- Ability to manage the low-level details of a project while understanding the bigger picture of the IT strategy is required
- At least 5 years of practical work experience in an IT, engineering, or related technical field is required
- Subject matter expertise in IoT protocols such as REST APIs, MQTT, DSS, and AMQP is required
- Subject matter expertise in Wireless Edge Access Protocols (WAN, LAN, PAN, Mesh) such as LoRA, Wifi, RFID, Bluetooth, zwave or others is preferred
- With little supervision, must be able to define, shape, and drive projects to completion while effectively collaborating strategically with others is required
- Familiarity with Docker technology is preferred
- Up to 20% travel, domestic and international is required
- This position can be located at any J&J operating site. However, a strong preference will be given to those located in Cincinnati, OH; Somerville, NJ; or Mt. View, CA
Primary Location: North America-United States-Ohio-Cincinnati
Other Location: North America-United States, North America-United States-California-Mountain View, North America-United States-New Jersey-Somerville
Organization: Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)
Job Function: Info Technology
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/pbzzw4mqr4z469wj