Symmetry is a global investment company with offices in Hong Kong and London. We have been in business since 2014 after successfully spinning off from a major New York-based hedge fund. Currently we have about 95 full time employees and manage approximately US$3.6 billion of capital. At Symmetry Investments, we seek to engage in intelligent risk-taking to create value for our clients, partners and employees. We derive our edge from our capacity to generate Win-Wins – in the broadest sense. Win-Win is our fundamental ethical and strategic principle. By generating Win-Wins, we can create unique solutions that reconcile perspectives that are usually seen as incompatible or opposites, and encompass the best that each side has to offer.
- We integrate fixed-income arbitrage with global macro strategies in a novel way.
- We invent and develop technology that focuses on the potential of human-machine integration.
- We build systems where machines do what they do best, supporting people to do what people do best.
- We are creating a collaborative meritocracy: a culture where individual contribution serves both personal and collective goals - and is rewarded accordingly.
- We value both ownership thinking AND cooperative team spirit, self-realization AND community.
Job Title: GUI Developer
Location: Hong Kong
Application closing date: 31/12/2017
- Helping build data visualization, automated reports and interactive tools used by researchers, PMs and traders and managing all aspects of the iterative rapid prototyping process
- Consulting with investment professionals on business requirements, performing the analysis to solve the business problem, and automating the workflow for the solutions
- Working collaboratively, under changing requirements, across different teams at the firm, using short feedback loops to iteratively refine tools and processes (agile-like development process)
- Managing ad-hoc projects involving breaking down business requirements into software requirements, putting together plans to fulfil the requirements and developing software to meet the business requirements
- The ability to “hit the ground running” and being immediately productive in one or more programming languages (Python, R, D, Java, C#, C++, etc.)
- Good coding habits (using repos, creating documentation, testing, etc.)
- Incredibly detail oriented, self-directed and keen to learn
- Able to independently see an idea through from inception to completion
Nice to Have:
- Prior experience with database management and web scraping
- Prior experience setting up Dev-Ops workflow (processes for automated documentation creation, testing, deployment and application management for teams)
- Some degree of experience or knowledge of the financial industry, prior experience with FICC products
If you possess the relevant skills and wish to apply for this position, please send your CV to: email@example.com. Please use the reference "GUI DEVELOPER" in your application title.
Along with CV, please submit links to any publically-available, non-proprietary code that you’ve worked on, or created (i.e. Github, Bitbucket, etc.)