Graphic Designer (Junior to mid-level)
We are Creative Republic (CR) — a brand experience studio based in Chicago. We concept, design and produce powerful experiences + events for the world's greatest brands. We are a lean, yet mighty band of misfits seeking a talented, full-time graphic designer to join our team of thinkers, doers, movers and makers.
Who we are:
You are a talented designer with fresh perspective and style, seeking to develop and apply your skills on a range of ambitious and innovative projects. You believe great ideas come from unexpected places and aren’t afraid to take on tasks, roles or projects that stretch beyond your core skill set. You maintain confidence in your ability with a healthy amount of humility, understanding there is always more to learn. You are a creative problem solver, exhibiting initiative and a “no fear” attitude to deliver outstanding results and exceptional work at all times.
- Adeptness with leading design software (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Strong aesthetic for marketable, corporate design
- The motivation to maintain and improve design standards
- A great sense of humor, self-motivation, and the capability to both collaborate with a team and work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to see projects through from inception to production and meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- No fear of asking questions and seeking solutions
- Ability to quickly learn with a willingness to grow and develop
- Work flexibility — from time-to-time you may need to work hours that aren’t typical to get the best from the job
- A determination to achieve and succeed
- Unrelenting commitment to the importance of the creative product and its ability to contribute to the future success of the team and our clients
Who you are:
At CR, you have the opportunity to wear many hats and to even shape your role over time but there are fundamental responsibilities of the graphic design position.
- Design for a wide range of projects that include print, digital, packaging, presentations, event/tradeshow materials, environmental graphics, etc.
- Work alongside the creative team to support the vision of programs through innovative and targeted design
- Take part in concept development and design for multiple projects simultaneously
- Help develop solutions to solve client marketing and communication challenges
- Deliver creative + design solutions that are innovative and unique
- Ensure deliverables maintain design and brand consistency across all touch points
- Collaborate with internal & external partners
- Travel frequently
What we offer:
We believe that a company should take care of and invest in its team. As a full-time employee of CR, you receive:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 20 days of paid vacation / sick leave in addition to company recognized holidays
- Monthly mobile phone stipend
- Monthly public transportation stipend
- Performance-based bonus opportunities + annual salary review
- Company supplied MacBook Pro + accessories with necessary software
How to apply:
FIRST, you will need to assemble a PDF, web link or combination of both that includes:
- A short, written introduction with insight into who you are and why you want to be a part of the CR team. Bonus points for creativity beyond the standard cover letter—grab our attention and make an impression!
- At least 5-10 samples of your work. Student projects are fine. If team or agency projects are submitted, please point out specific elements you were responsible for
- Updated resume with at least 2 references
- Contact information. Email + phone required
- And anything else you think is worth sharing
SECOND, submit your materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
FINALLY, chill for a bit while we review submissions. You will receive an email confirming we received your materials, next steps and approximately how long we will be reviewing applications. If we like your stuff, we will reach out to schedule a quick phone call and then set a time for you to come in and meet our team in person.