We are the company behind Kong, the most widely adopted open-source API gateway. We have a world-class Enterprise platform and our mission is to facilitate a new revolution in software production by serving as the backbone of the distribution and consumption of data and services through APIs.
Our vision is to enable developers to build more and manage less. We've built one of the most popular pieces of open-source software in the world and in the process grown an extremely engaged and active community. We're looking for a few great people who want to be part of a fun, highly-collaborative team.
Our ideal candidate is someone who will thrive in our environment of really smart, driven people, who get to work with many new, leading-edge technologies that solve large customer challenges. We're looking for people who want to make a huge impact and have real ownership for the work they do. This opportunity is ideal for someone who wants to be in on the ground floor of our fully-funded and very special startup.
About the role
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will be responsible for building and maintaining the systems that configure, monitor and expose Kong. You will touch the presentation layer, API layer, and Databases like PostgreSQL and Cassandra. In addition, this role will design, deliver and extend cloud versions of these systems.
- Design web applications that control the Kong API Gateway
- Deliver high quality code in Vue.js for the presentation layer
- Maintain and extend the Admin API for Kong (middle tier)
- Write tests to ensure behavior of code and avoid regressions
- Maintain and build the CI/CD systems needed to deliver a high quality product
- Work as an integral part of a full stack team to build features end-to-end
- At least one production application shipped using a modern JS framework
- Strong understanding of Relational DBs
- Experience working in component development
- Experience with UI test frameworks such as Nightwatch, Selenium
- Must be able to manage a development project from beginning to end
- Experience in identifying project tasks and complexities
- San Francisco only or willing to relocate
- Strong understanding of Vue.js a plus
- Familiarity with key/value stores (NoSQL) DBs like Cassandra
- Stock options
- Your choice of computer and other equipment
- Unlimited vacation days
- Lunch 2 times per week
- Snacks and beverages to keep you going through the day
- Game nights
- Italian food cooked by the founders
- Awesome medical, dental, vision plans
- 401k plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Fun happy hours and company outings
- A second family – whatever problem outside of work; we'll be there!
Please apply on our careers page:https://jobs.lever.co/kong/55fcb454-8510-4ff6-a09a-d27dcbb4f0a7