We are a distributed team with folks all across the United States, so this is a remote position and we’re looking for contractors with the potential to transition to full-time.
- Development of Ruby on Rails applications (Rails 4.x and 5.x)
- Leading in developing and improving all aspects of our applications (development, testing, deployment, architecture)
- Architect scalable and performant web applications and APIs
- Writing well tested, maintainable code.
- Creation of technical documentation for APIs and component designs
- Maintain the deployment pipeline and processes for our applications.
- Providing technical support of applications (fixing bugs and supporting clients' needs).
Our mission is to make our clients incredibly successful by developing and improving ideas into highly functional and usable web applications. Our team has become renowned in our ability to bring creativity, expertise, and sound development practices to notable and ambitious startups. Our development work focuses on architecting and building new applications as well as scaling existing apps for our clients as they grow.
We’re looking for you if you…
- Have developed libraries, applications, or web sites and want to show them to us (you have code on GitHub, BitBucket, etc.)
- Have an extensive knowledge of the resources available through Ruby gems and open source libraries.
- Enjoy working with Rails and have a successful track record of developing applications using it
- Are equally comfortable with SQL or an ORM and have exposure to a variety of database technologies (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB)
- Have an appreciation for the peace of mind that comes with well-tested, documented code
- Have experience making decisions regarding application architecture
- Are excited by the web and keep up with new technologies and that excitement is infectious
- Communicate well with others in both written and verbal forms
- Are self-directed and able to manage your time effectively
- Are able to excel in highly collaborative environment with team based activities including code review and pair programming
Bonus points for…
- Experience working with an agile / scrum-based development model
- Having developed on iOS, especially if you have contributed to an app in the App Store
- A BS or MS in Computer Science, Math or other interesting analytic discipline
- Development skills with other languages, like PHP or Scala
- Being comfortable with PaaS hosts like Heroku
- Familiarity with using Docker in a development environment
- Experience working with the ActiveAdmin gem
- Previous history of working with a remote, distributed team
- Significant contributions to or ownership of open source projects (please do tell!)
Other information about this position
- Working remotely is how we operate
- This is a contract position with the possibility of 40+ hours per week.
- Work visa transfer or sponsorship is not possible at this time
- We are looking for people located within one of the U.S time zones