NationBuilder is seeking a designer to become a core contributor to the wide scope of design needs at NationBuilder, software and community for leaders.
Your responsibilities will include maintaining and elevating the NationBuilder brand, crafting delightful web experiences across our online properties, collaborating on product design, and taking a central role in the overall evolution of design at the company. This is a great opportunity to have your work seen and appreciated widely. You will report directly to the VP of Design.
The design team is based in Brooklyn, New York, but working remotely is a possibility if required.
NationBuilder offers everyone the technology and community infrastructure to lead people to greatness. Our customers range from political candidates and nonprofits to corporations - anyone building a community of people to make something happen in the world. To learn more about NationBuilder, read about our mission, beliefs and values.
We're looking for someone who:
- Has considerable experience designing and building modern websites with a polished visual design, and has a portfolio to prove it.
- Has experience coding responsive webpages in HTML and CSS, and a solid understanding of frameworks like Bootstrap.
- Is highly proficient with tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, and Illustrator, and has a familiarity with prototyping tools like Marvel and InVision.
- Has exceptional attention to detail.
- Is humble, passionate about personal growth, and would rather be "better" than "right."
- Proactively seeks out feedback and welcomes it as an opportunity to grow.
- Is effective in communicating design decisions to design and non-design audiences.
- Has a strong work ethic, a quick learner and is willing to work with a fast-paced team.