Web Developer (Node/React)Posted by fevrokbot 5 months ago 2017-06-29 13:59:15
Headquarters: Charlottetown, PE Canada
Silverorange is a fourteen-person design and development agency based in Canada. Our focus is on interesting and meaningful projects. We’ve worked with well known technology organizations like Duolingo and Mozilla, and with world-renowned doctors training other doctors through online education. The core of our team has been together for eighteen years. During that time we’ve focused as much on quality of life, openness, empathy, and a wonderful work environment as we have on our commitment to building great user-focused systems.
Applications close July 16th, at which point we’ll be in touch with only those people we shortlist. This position is available immediately and we will work with you to get you started as soon as possible.
Inclusion & Diversity
People from a range of backgrounds and experiences make us stronger, and we’re always looking for ways to improve. Our team is getting more diverse, but we’re still missing additional voices from different backgrounds and experiences who could make our work better. Improving this is a priority, so we highly encourage people from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply—we’d love to hear from you.
- Designing and implementing maintainable backend APIs using Node.js.
- Implementing complex client-side web applications using React, with a focus on user-centric interface design.
- Integrating multiple separate components into a larger cohesive system.
- Working from provided Photoshop designs, wireframes, or HTML mockups.
- Reviewing code changes from other developers on the project.
- Be located in, and available to work from Canada.
- Be able to quickly learn and understand new systems.
- Have experience developing reasonably complex integrated systems.
- Know how to write SQL (we use PostgreSQL).
- Be able to communicate clearly with clients and co-workers, including knowing how to effectively work with remote team members and business partners across time zones.
While not required, bringing along some of the following skills would be great:
- iOS or Android app development.
- Strong user interface and interaction experience.
- An understanding of responsive web development and design techniques, addressing mobile, desktop, and alternative clients.
- Some experience with PHP so you help out with systems developed for existing clients.
Remote working is just as good as local.
This position can be remote, though you are welcome to work from our lovely offices in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada.
As it stands, a third of our current team and 95% of our clients are remote (most are international). You’ll need to be comfortable working with remote clients and co-workers regardless of your location.
If you plan to work remotely, we will fly you to Charlottetown for your first week or two of work. All remote employees spend some time each year working with the local team in Charlottetown so count on visiting Charlottetown semi-regularly. For your first silverorange project, occasional travel to meet with clients in Halifax is likely.
Though you may be working remotely, you’ll be an active member of a great small team, both here at silverorange and with our clients. Regular voice or video communication will help keep you in touch with the smart people you’ll be working with.
- Flexible work hours.
- 3 weeks of vacation, on top of 9 days of civic holidays and 3 weeks of company-wide shut down.
- Health and dental coverage.
- Yearly company-wide bonuses based on overall company success, plus ownership opportunities and dividends for long-term employees.
- Salary starting at CAD $50-78,000 per year depending on experience, with an expectation of career growth.
- Remote worker stipend of CAD $3,000 per year.
To apply: Email us at email@example.com with the subject line “Project NICU”, a brief overview of your qualifications, links to relevant examples of recent work (GitHub or an equivalent profile is a great place to start), and an explanation of why you’d be great for the job. Tell us about an interesting project you’ve worked on or helped ship. We value individuality and variety, so make sure to tell us what you’re all about. If you have an online presence—such as a blog, Twitter, Facebook—send it along.
|Monthly Salary||Unspecified||Seniority Level||Not Applicable|
|Employment Type||Full Time||Vacancies||0|