Web Developer and Builder of Cool ThingsPosted by fevrokbot 5 months ago 2017-06-21 19:22:34
As a web developer at Mecum Auctions, you will collaborate to produce internal tools that allow the business to run more efficiently and customer facing tools used by hundreds of thousands of customers across the globe. The software development team at Mecum Auctions is a small agile group of talented individuals focused on building applications that solve the needs of the business. Candidates are expected to display coding expertise, superior technical and communication skills and a keen ability to solve problems.
Remote candidates will be hired on a contract basis. Permanent hire is a possibility for successful contractors.
Mecum Auctions does not provide H1B Visa sponsorship.
You must reside in the United States.
- Taking high fidelity mockups and turning them into working front-end code
- Creating highly interactive front-end interfaces focused on top notch user experience
- Extending the functionality of existing projects by writing secure, clean code that is built to scale
- Generate migrations and controllers to implement necessary back-end functionality to power front-end interfaces
- Demonstrable history building web applications that utilize modern web technologies and best practices
- Experience with PHP MVC frameworks (Laravel, Phalcon, CodeIgnitor, etc.)
- Experience unit testing within Laravel is a big plus
- Experience with Wordpress theme and plugin development is also a plus
- Mastery of Git and using as part of a team
- Passionate about learning and always looking to sharpen skills
- Inherent desire to design and build cool things
- Intrinsically motivated to produce at a very high level
- Ability to give and take critical feedback as part of the development process
- Capacity to work well both independently and collaboratively
- Must be able to verbalize ideas to other team members to foster growth and teamwork
- Strong writing skills; ability to craft clear and concise documentation
- Knack for making complex problems seem simple
Mecum Auctions is the world leader of collector car, vintage and antique motorcycle, and Road Art sales, hosting auctions across the United States. The company has been specializing in the sale of collector cars for over 30 years, now offering more than 15,000 vehicles per year and averaging more than one auction each month. Mecum auctions are broadcast live on NBCSN.
Headquartered in Walworth, WI, Mecum Auctions has been ranked No. 1 in the world with number of collector cars offered at auction since 2011, No. 1 in the world with number of collector cars sold at auction, No. 1 in the U.S. with number of auction venues, No. 1 in the U.S. in total dollar volume of sales, and is host to the world’s largest collector car auction held annually in Kissimmee, Florida.
Mecum Auctions is an equal opportunity employer. Full-time positions feature comprehensive benefits including fully paid health insurance for employee and 401K plan. Pay is commensurate with ability and experience.
|Monthly Salary||Unspecified||Seniority Level||Not Applicable|
|Employment Type||Full Time||Vacancies||0|