Headquarters: Seattle, WA
Bear Group is a leading web development firm in Seattle looking for an experienced web developer to join our team. You will have the opportunity to work with leading companies and marketing teams to develop complex sites and integration work between systems.
What's in it for you:
- Work from anywhere! Our preference is candidates in the mountain or pacific US timezone. We also have a great quiet office on South Lake Union if you want to work from here.
- Stability and opportunity to work on a range of projects with great clients.
- Collaborate with a team of experienced senior developers.
- Participate in continuing education to expand your existing skillsets.
As a developer:
- Custom development of modules and extensions for the Drupal CMS and Magento Commerce.
- Integration with various API’s and third-party platforms.
- Maintaining a detailed personal task plan, working in Jira, and adhering to project schedules
- Participate with Technical PM’s and clients on scoping custom implementations, Agile sprint planning and general project management.
- Ensuring a quality product is delivered to clients.
What you bring:
- BA/BS degree plus a minimum of 5 years of related work experience.
- Experience in client-service environments. Your professional and client service-oriented!
- 4+ years in web development and strong PHP experience; experience with the Zend framework a plus.
- Experience with Drupal or Magento and their respective API’s.
- Experience integrating with third-party API’s and web services.
- .NET/C#, Java or Ruby experience will be helpful, but most coding projects are currently in PHP. Understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) and Model-View-Controller (MVC) frameworks.
- Understanding of content organization and concepts within information architecture.
- Interest in the open-source software development model & participation in the open source development community.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry trends in emerging and existing web technologies
- Independence, enthusiasm, superb communication and organization skills.
To learn more about the company, visit www.beargroup.com. We currently work as a distributed team, and our project-based work allows for some flexibility in work hours. The position can be performed remotely with regular status meetings.
We offer competitive compensation, learning challenges, and opportunity to grow your career with the company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply: To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter or email, we are interested in how you answer these two questions: 1) Tell us about the most typical coding or client difficulty you face and a technique you use to resolve it? 2) What’s difficult about being part of a distributed team and how do you overcome it?