North Street is an independently-owned design, branding, and strategy practice. We bring together some of the best talent in New York City to help small and medium sized organizations modernize their brand identity, marketing collateral, and digital presence.
A Visual Designer with a demonstrated ability to distill complex design challenges into elegant, user-centered experiences. You’ll work closely with a small, tight-knit team of writers, designers, and developers to conceptualize and design beautiful websites, as well as various brand collateral.
A critical, creative thinker with experience designing responsive websites that combines atomic design principles and visual design best practices. You strongly believe that good design is rooted in a thorough and rigorous discovery process, and feel equally comfortable drafting functional requirements as you do designing mockups in Sketch.
- Translate discovery conclusions, conversion goals, and client objectives into wireframes and designs
- Own visual design on multiple projects at any given time
- Create and manage design documentation and style guides
- Assist the development team with QA
- Create clickable web prototypes using UXPin or inVision
- Create presentations for client meetings
- Maintain a keen eye for evolving best practices and emerging trends
- 2+ years experience as a visual designer, interaction designer, or similar role designing for digital experiences
- Fluency in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Demonstrated CSS and HTML skills
- A demonstrated ability to present and articulate multiple solutions for a given design challenge
- A strong understanding of best practices and technical processes for web development
- Experience working collaboratively with a small team of designers, developers, and strategists
- Expert attention to detail and ability to manage shifting priorities on the fly
- An online portfolio that demonstrates strong critical thinking and an excellent eye for visual design, including documentation illustrating your thought process behind a given project
- An obsession with typography, layout, color, and all things interactive
You May Have
- A degree in visual design or related field or equivalent education experience
- Experience designing for WordPress and Shopify
- Experience with information architecture and content strategy
- This is a full-time position at our studio in Manhattan’s South Street Seaport neighborhood
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience
- Health insurance
- 401k with matching
- Two weeks paid time off
- Casual work environment (heavy metal, darts, shorts, etc.)
- Team outings to neighborhood eateries and haunts
How to Apply
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, provide your resume, a link to your portfolio, and include a few choice tidbits about yourself. To confirm you read this job posting thoroughly, please also mention “Lando Calrissian” somewhere in your response. Otherwise, your inquiry will be forwarded to Cloud City, frozen in Carbonite, and forever ignored.