We’re looking for a UX Researcher to join the design team at Zapier. If understanding users, uncovering pain points, and inspiring solutions to their day-to-day challenges interests you, keep reading!
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. Hopefully you’ll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Working on Diversity and Inclusivity
You are deeply curious about people. At Zapier you can focus on understanding our users, not convincing anyone why we need to. You’ll get to spend most of your time interviewing customers and stakeholders, conducting usability tests, and sharing important insights with the team.
You love to collaborate. You work across functions (product, marketing, support, and engineering) to identify assumptions and uncertainties. You help teams determine the research methods that will best answer their questions. You involve others throughout the research lifecycle and make it easy for them to participate in the process.
You are a user advocate. You’ll share discoveries that build empathy for our users throughout the company. You translate findings into compelling stories and actionable recommendations that stick with teammates. These guideposts help others make decisions, spec out features, and target projects that make using Zapier more delightful.
You love doing things efficiently. At Zapier, the work you do will have a disproportionate impact on the business. We believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves. As a UX Researcher, you will champion processes that enable teams to fit research into their work while staying nimble.
Most of all, you love the challenge of making complicated things simpler and easier. Zapier gives people the building blocks for millions of powerful workflows, and there’s a lot going on under the hood. Your research will help directly shape the direction of the product, and you flourish in the mission to give each customer a joyful experience that saves them time in their workflow.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a startup, so you’ll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
- Work with design, product, and other teams to identify important research questions. Plan, coordinate, and conduct qualitative research to help answer those questions.
- Synthesize and share research insights in clear and impactful ways to inform product and design decisions and build empathy for our users.
- Work collaboratively with product teams throughout projects to translate research recommendations into actionable solutions.
- Work with our UX Research Lead to evolve and champion research processes that help us bring a user-focused approach to everything we do.
- As a part of Zapier’s all-hands philosophy, help customers via support to ensure they have the best experience possible.
The Whole Package
Location: Planet Earth
If you want to work remote, that’s cool. If you want to work near others, that’s cool too! The Zapier team is 80 people spread across 13 countries.
- Competitive salary (we don’t use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage
- Retirement plan with 4% company match
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to fun places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents
Pick your own equipment. We’ll set you up with whatever laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
Unlimited vacation policy (plus we insist you take at least 2 weeks off each year—this isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation). Work-life balance is really important to everyone at Zapier – we believe it and practice it!
Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with the best software companies in the world and you’ll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies.
How to Apply
Applying to Zapier is fairly straightforward, but a bit unusual from what you might have previously experienced. Creativity is certainly encouraged. To jump start the process, we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Make sure to answer each question in order for your application to be considered. Have fun with them.
Complete this form with answers to the below questions.
Finally, wait for us to reply. We reply to everyone, even if we don’t seem like a good fit.