Team Lead- Software Engineer- 100% RemotePosted by fevrokbot 1 month ago
Hungry for a new venture?
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help restaurants succeed, and in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 55,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages.
We want you to enjoy where you work, who you work with and what you work on. At Grubhub, you can order your cake and eat it too!
We are looking for a Team Lead -Software Engineer to provide technical and architectural leadership for a key Restaurant facing team. You will conceptualize, design, build and deploy to the field new and innovative products for our restaurant partners enabling self-management and onboarding of all existing and future partners.Our Lead Engineers wear a lot of hats - everything from hands-on coding to mentoring developers to working with the product to formulate new products to guiding our system architecture. We have high standards for code quality, unit testing, and intelligent architecture.
Skills & Requirements
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Architect, implement and test technology solutions at GrubHub
- Motivate and advise technical solutions across multiple cross functional teams
- Take technical responsibility for a family of systems - manage technical debt, be on the lookout for opportunities for improvement, and work with system engineers to keep our production systems scaling and performing wickedly fast
- Actively contribute to the adoption of software architecture, best practices, and technologies. We are always improving the process of building software, we need you to help contribute
- Own your team's sprints, ceremonies, and deliverables committed to each sprint.
- Participate in future product direction
- Act as technical voice for the restaurant technology group
- Encourage continuous delivery and an experimentation-centered development process
You Should Have
- Masterful understanding of Java (5+ years experience)
- Masterful understanding of unit testing, version control, and front end integration
- Must have experience working remote for the majority of a week
- Demonstrable skills in leadership and team building (2+ years)
- Must be genuinely awesome
- We are seeking candidates in eastern and central time zones
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
We work with awesome people every day. We don’t mean “awesome” like how other people use “awesome”—in some conjunctive form with “sauce” or “balls.” We really mean it. We work with some of the greatest people in the tech industry here at GrubHub. We’re looking for more.GrubHub leads in the mobile food-ordering industry with a portfolio of brands that includes GrubHub, Seamless, MenuPages, and Allmenus. We’re dedicated to connecting hungry diners with local restaurants. With offices in New York City, Chicago, and London, GrubHub supports every order with 24/7 customer service. We want you to enjoy where you work. Who you work with. What you work on. At GrubHub, you can order your cake and eat it too.
|Job Details||Job Requirements|
|Monthly Salary||Unspecified||Seniority Level||Not Applicable|
|Employment Type||Full Time||Vacancies||0|
|Skills||java,mobile,software engineer,go,engineer,front end|