Posted Date: 8/14/2017 8:30:24 PM
Job Type: Full Time
Req #: JR-07057
Location: Chantilly, VA
Job Category: Engineering
Will consider remote/telecommute applicants
Who we are.
We’re fans who help fans everywhere get in to the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favorite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We’re not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we’re enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that’s pretty amazing. If you’re passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you. Why you should work with us. Our biggest investment is in our people. We offer comprehensive health benefits and 401k matching, student loan assistance, plus career-boosting opportunities like tuition reimbursement and targeted development sessions to help all eligible employees thrive. At Ticketmaster, expect the fast-paced excitement of a startup with the rock-solid support from an industry leader – with plenty of ticket perks on the side.
See what it’s like working at Ticketmaster.
We are seeking a talented and motivated Windows DevOps Engineer to become part of a team responsible for designing and managing a public/private cloud solution to support the company’s Windows-based products.
- Work within a team of like-minded engineers to plan, deploy, and maintain a production cloud platform for critical business applications.
- Automate the provisioning of environments by designing, implementing, and managing configuration and deployment infrastructure as code solutions.
- Design and develop automation workflows, perform unit tests and conduct review to make sure your work is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for performance, and assess the overall quality of delivered components.
- Influence other teams and broader Engineering groups in adopting Cloud technologies, processes, and best practices.
- Frequent technologies used in this role would be: AWS, Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes, GitLab, ELK stack, and PowerShell.
- Drive improvements to processes and design enhancements to automation to continuously improve the production environment.
- Provide support for monitoring and analysis tools.
- Ensure environments are sufficiently scaled and tested.
- Participate and sometimes lead ongoing technology research and strategic planning.
- Respond to and recover from failures & outages. Coordinate and communicate with appropriate parties.
- Participate in on-call and potentially some after-hours support as required.
- Coordinate, approve, and/or perform changes to the production environment.
- At least 4 years of experience providing production support in a Windows Server environment.
- At least 2 years of experience implementing automated environment delivery and developing automation workflows and routines.
- At least 2 years of experience in a large-scale, high volume and high availability critical system implementation.
- At least 2 years of experience in infrastructure design, implementation, and delivery.
- At least 2 years of experience with Cloud based hosting solutions.
- Very comfortable using one or more programming/scripting languages (e.g., PowerShell, Python, Perl, Go, Java, C++)
Bonus experience (not required but let us know if you have this experience):
- Experience with container management and orchestration - Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, AWS ECS.
- Experience with managing source code repositories, including branching and merging of code lines.
- Practical work experience designing and deploying public and private Cloud-based solutions.
- Hyper-V / Openstack / Xen / Other hypervisor experience.
Senior Embedded Linux Developer with C/Python -- 100%...