Fastned is looking to create its very first software development team and software platform. You are one of founding team members who will be at the basis of the software that controls and manages a European network of charging stations and processes all of the transactions generated on the network.
As a sr. Software Developer, you will lead this new team of software engineers to develop a brand new reliable platform which allows customers to charge their electric cars at Fastned’s stations.
- Together with your colleagues you will decide on platform, framework and language. You will have the freedom to use the latest technologies and build a highly-reliable product that can run the fast expanding high-quality charging network that Fastned offers.
- Be part of a young, entrepreneurial, and rapidly growing company, with associated team spirit.
- We offer a high degree of responsibility, a good salary and an employee option plan.
- Lead the overall design of the application
- Develop a multi-faceted, reliable platform for charging, billing, CRM and interaction between Fastned’s CX team and customers
- Together with team members, specify well thought-out functional and technical requirements for the to-be designed application(s)
- Design and implement a development workflow, incl. Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment and a High Availability DevOps architecture on AWS
- Help in the transition from the current SAAS offering to the new to-be developed platform and take the lead in designing a deployment and migration plan
- Manage and improve uptime of the designed software Help select, lead and coach a new team of software engineers.
- University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years experience in leading a team of software developers
- Fluent English
- Proficient with Java, python or equivalent languages.
- Good understanding of DevOps. You have developed and deployed a High Availability architecture. Ideally on AWS.
- Experience with developing and working with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment flows
- Experience with containers and container orchestration, and/or lambda/cloud functions
- Fluent in Git and the various workflows
- Good understanding of testing and how to design an effective test cycle
- Bonus points for experience with OCPP and/or OCPI.
To apply, email your motivation letter and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org (in Dutch or English.)
Once every while, there's an opportunity to join a young, rapidly growing company that matters to the future. At Fastned you can work on tangible sustainable infrastructure development to accelerate electric mobility. The mission of Fastned is to accelerate the transition to 100% electric mobility. We do this by building and operating a European network of fast charging stations where all electric cars can be recharged with renewable electricity. We believe there's a huge opportunity to reinvent service stations along high traffic locations to make travel fundamentally cheaper, cleaner and more enjoyable.
Today Fastned is operating a network of over 60 charging stations along the Dutch highways and in cities. We are expanding this network to other countries. Fastned builds, owns and operates all stations. The focus of our first expansion wave is Germany and London. Fastned is also preparing to enter the Belgian and Swiss markets.
Fastned works in small, dedicated teams with great focus. We have an open, friendly culture with an international outlook. Our headquarters and network operations center are based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
E-mail your motivation letter and C.V. to email@example.com (in Dutch or English.)