The Sr. Developer will develop and maintain Java-based micro-services/applications hosted in the AWS cloud. You'll collaborate with your co-workers to deliver clean code in an agile environment. You'll work in a fast-paced environment on high through-put applications that serve the K12 education market. You'll need to be well versed in java-based RESTful web service development environment.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Work with product management and cross-functional teams to solve issues related to customer facing services
- Take ownership of projects that matter from technical design through implementation
- Participate in technical design / code reviews
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- In-depth understanding of Java
- Swagger API toolkit
- Docker container experience
- AWS (DynamoDB, Lambda, SQS, ECS, API Gateway, etc.)
- Experience developing and scaling services in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) environment
- Development experience in an Agile environment
- Frameworks and Testing frameworks: Spring, JUnit, Mockito
- Experience with version control systems, particularly git
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and a team player