2017-06-30 19:52:33 True True
Software Engineer (Web - Local or Remote)
Headquarters: Boston, MA
Forward Financing is a fast-growing company in the alternative small business financing industry based in Boston's Financial District. As a matter of fact, the Boston Business Journal just named us the second fastest growing private company in Massachusetts over the last three years. Founded in 2012, we strive to provide small business owners the financial access they need to capitalize and expand on their businesses with ease of mind. With a proven business model, and led by an experienced executive team, we've funded more than 3,000 small businesses with working capital.
We are looking for an experienced full stack software engineer to help us push the boundaries of our current technology ecosystem so we can better serve and help our merchants. We are building our remote, distributed team and are looking for engineers with prior remote experience.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and life insurance. We also offer 401K match and reimburse gym membership. You will have the opportunity to work with people who enjoy a fun, social culture.
- At least 2 years of experience with Ruby on Rails (or other MVC framework) in a production environment.
- Experience working remotely or working with remote team members.
- Passion and desire to write tests of any kind (unit, integration, regression).
- A team player who collaborates and communicates well.
- Knowledge of SQL (we use PostgreSQL).
- Proven ability to complete complex, time-sensitive projects successfully using sustainable development practices.
- Experience with Phoenix and Elixir in a production environment.
- Experience with React, testing strategies and deployment strategies.
- Experience working in an Agile-like environment.
Unfortunately, we don't work with recruiters at this time.
To apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job not active
1 year ago
8 months ago