We are looking for a Java Software Engineer with solid foundation in software engineering and an insatiable craving to learn new technologies. Impressive contenders are self-motivated and continually strive to develop excellent architecture and high quality code, while being mindful of the whole ecosystems. Does this sound like you? If so, you will be designing and developing web-based applications using Java technologies and integrating with Cloud based services. Do you flourish when using Scrum methodology in the software development life cycle? If so, you should take a closer look at the details.
- Participate in Agile software development projects; tasks include coding, testing, debugging, documentation, peer-review, deploying, monitoring, and support.
- Engage in task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for development and maintenance activities.
- Create and maintain technical documentation using defined templates.
- Ensure that all tasks are performed in accordance with specific internal procedures and standards, as well as industry validated methods
- Ensure and demonstrate code quality through comprehensive and effective unit testing coverage, usage of automated testing and test harnesses
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of developers, project managers, product managers, quality assurance, management and operations.
- Provide technical expertise in assessing application and configuration failures, including the analysis of complex problems and issues. Develop and implement recommended solutions.
- Perform coding to written technical specifications.
- Investigate, analyze and document reported defects.
- Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects.
- Deliver complex enterprise applications with high code standards
You have the following skills
- 3+ years of software engineering with Java and related technologies, including server side application design and debugging
- Excellent knowledge in Java/J2EE/Spring and solid working knowledge of Spring Framework especially REST, Core and JDBC components
- Experience with other programming languages e.g. Python, Scala
- Experience with Maven and Continuous Build Process such as Jenkin, Bamboo
- Experience with Cloud based services such as Amazon Web Services
- Experience with developing on and deploying to Linux systems
- Excellent Database SQL skills preferably in Oracle
- Experience with the design, development, testing and deployment of enterprise class web-based applications
- Computer Science or Software Engineering degree or equivalent work experience.
You might have some of these
- Real passion for achieving team success and eagerness to mentor colleagues globally in quality software engineering practices
- Proficiency with the Java umbrella of technologies
- Application server development - Service layer patterns using Spring/Hibernate/EJB
- Multiple RDBMS – SQL – PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLServer
- J2EE server environments - JBoss, Glassfish, Tomcat, and others
- Unix and/or Linux platforms (for support and deployment purposes)
- IDEs – Eclipse, IntelliJ
- Build and development web technologies – Ant, Maven, AntHill, GIT, Servlets, MVC, SpringMVC, Struts, JSP
- Deployment and CI technologies– Jenkins, Puppet, Anible, Hiera, Spacewalk
- Testing frameworks – Junit, Mockito, Cucumber
- REST and Resource Oriented Approaches
- Strong emphasis on QA standard methodologies and industry-leading processes along with a strong dedication to Agile, Scrum, Test-Driven Development, Behavioral Driven Development
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks covers more than a million locations and reaches over a billion consumers annually – in places as diverse as airports, stadiums, universities, and military bases. The Boingo platform drives revenue through various products, including Wi-Fi, DAS (cellular), Media, Wholesale, and more.
We’re a team of enthusiastic pros who are the best at what they do, and love working hard to grow our business. We work hard, but have fun too. Boingo encourages a super-fun working environment. You will have access to our red carpet experiences such as yoga, bowling, pool tournaments, all kinds of parties and more. There’s also a kitchen stocked with yummy snacks and drinks, an unlimited vacation policy, and a tremendous benefits package that includes equity. Plus, our new award-winning WWHQ, located in Westwood, CA, has 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It’s no wonder we were recently named one of the Best Places to Work in LA!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Senior Embedded Linux Developer with C/Python -- 100%...