About the Engineering Org
We are a growing, hands-on, flat organization. Because we are still small, it means everyone is a generalist and allows for our engineers to take on multiple roles and challenges not narrowly defined by titles. Regardless of who you are on the engineering team, you will contribute to and have a big impact on the final product from day one. The opportunity for growth and development here is incredible. We have a strong culture of mentoring and promoting from within! We place a lot of emphasis on good engineering practices while retaining the flexibility of allowing each engineering team to have independent agile processes. Diversity is important to us, and we treat each other with respect and empathy.
About the Role
We are looking for several Full Stack Software Engineers to be a part of our Growth, E-Commerce and Community Experience teams. As a member of these teams, you could be working on exciting projects from revamping our e-commerce architecture to building products that will help independent designers start, scale and grow their business on Minted.com. As part of our organization, you will tackle various engineering challenges using cutting edge technology and will have the opportunity to work with engineers across multiple disciplines and backgrounds.
We are looking for Software Engineers that can leverage their deep technical experience to help design and build Minted’s software systems. The ideal candidate will have strong technical and problem-solving skills to help architect and scale our cloud-based system to match Minted’s growth trajectory.
- Design and develop a beautiful, responsive and fun-filled world-class web experience
- Own high impact and high visibility engineering projects end to end
- Build systems and services that have an immediate impact on our artist community and customers.
- Build and maintain backend architecture for our high-traffic e-commerce platform that is scalable, extensible, and efficient in usage of system resources (memory, disk, I/O, etc)
- Collaborate with product development, user experience, production and artist relations teams to deliver projects with measurable business results
- Ensure a high-quality codebase with design and code review as well as automated test coverage
- Advance your technical knowledge and skill set with talks, training sessions, and 1:1 mentorship of junior engineers
Experience and Skills
- 1+ year professional experience as a software developer
- BS in Computer Science preferred
- Obsession with writing clean code
- Technical design skills with an emphasis on distributed and/or cloud-based design and scaling
- Experience working on and an understanding of both client-side and server-side code
- Experience designing complex software systems and accurately estimating scope and risks
- Experience with SQL, database modeling, and ORMs
- Experience dealing with resource contention and scalability issues in multi-threaded web applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to juggle competing priorities in a fast-moving dynamic environment
- Experience with Apache Flink, Apache Beam, Google Cloud Dataflow, Apache Spark Streaming, or other related technologies such as Hadoop
- Experience working in a fast-paced, agile e-commerce environment
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, specifically DynamoDB, SQS, S3, SNS, EC2, CloudFormation, ELB, VLC, and ASG
- Experience with Packer, Docker, Ansible, Puppet
- Experience in React.js, HTML, CSS
Minted is a lifestyle brand and design marketplace connecting you with the world’s best artists to create something one of a kind. Minted crowdsources graphic design and artwork from a global community of independent artists and sells these as products addressing the $10 billion stationery market, $48 billion art market, and $100 billion home decor market.
Minted’s mission is to enable the design independence of both consumers and artists around the world, and the company is a platform for the strongest emerging artists in the world to be seen and discovered. We aim to build a lasting brand representing the most commercially successful design community in the world. Minted was founded by successful serial entrepreneur Mariam Naficy. Minted is located in a beautiful office in downtown San Francisco and is backed by Benchmark Capital, IDG Ventures SF, Menlo Ventures, and angel investors including Marissa Mayer of Yahoo and Jeremy Stoppelman of Yelp. Minted is comprised of an experienced and entrepreneurial team. We come from Google, Amazon, Microsoft, eBay, Yahoo, and Goldman Sachs and numerous disruptive startups. We are a passionate, creative, ambitious team. We provide a great opportunity to work with a stellar team and on a world-changing mission, all supported by a proven business model.