Location: Memphis, TN
Buckman is a privately held, global specialty chemical company with headquarters in Memphis, TN, USA, committed to safeguarding the environment, maintaining safety in the workplace, and promoting sustainable development. Buckman works proactively and collaboratively with its worldwide customers in pulp and paper, leather, and water treatment to deliver exceptional service and innovative specialty chemical solutions to help boost productivity, reduce risk, improve product quality, and provide a measurable return on investment. Buckman is in the middle of a digital transformation of its businesses and focused on building the capabilities and tools in support of this.
Buckman is seeking an engineer to innovate in the space of Industrial IoT. You will work closely with Buckman stakeholders to derive deep industry knowledge across paper, water, leather, and performance chemical industries. You will be involved in the entire life cycle of product development, including idea generation, rapid prototyping to develop MVP candidates, product development, and commercial deployment. You will work closely with a entrepreneurial, multiple-disciplinary team of talented engineers and with external partners and be a part of a growing company with digital ambitions at the core of its strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or related engineering/technical field
- 2+ years of software engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience providing technical leadership for large architecture projects
- Strong knowledge of the full software development processes and lifecycle
- A full stack mindset with depth in a couple of areas
- Master’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or related engineering/technical field
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Deep knowledge in one of the following areas:
- Mobile development – native mobile development or cross-platform development with a framework such as React Native
- Front End Development – SPA frameworks such as Angular or React, UI/UX design
- IoT Development - embedded programming, wireless networking, security, Azure IoT Hub or AWS IoT environment integration, integrated testing
- Back End Development – Microservices, Serverless, Lambda Architectures
- Data Engineering – Relational and NoSQL data, Data visualization tools such as Power BI, streaming data, etc.
- Data Analytics - techniques and tools including Azure Machine Learning, SQL, Hadoop/Hive,
- Experience working with external partners.
- Background in one of the engineering fields such as Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Exceptional documentation and communication techniques.
- Experience working with global stakeholders and partners.
- Experience working in a start-up environment, preferably in an IoT company.
- A strong business focus, ownership and inner self-drive to bring connected offerings to real-world customers with tangible impact.
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary and passionate team members to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Strong planning and organization skills, with the ability to manage multiple complex projects
- A life-long learner who constantly updates skills