At Broadway.com the result of your work will be seen and used by millions of people — tourists, theater lovers, students, groups, etc. Your creative and analytical efforts will play a role in their overall Broadway experience.
We believe in user-centered design principles. We employ the "don't make me think" user experience philosophy. We use our creativity to elevate the experience, and we test to validate our decisions to ensure the quality of the products we build.
From the technology side we use AWS, Django, ReactJS, Python, Swift, MySQL, Webpack, SASS… among other things. Our team is passionate, professional, and all care deeply about our customer experience and the quality of the software that supports it.
We also go to conferences, offer plenty of learning resources, enjoy summer Fridays, and a handful of other fun things we hope to tell you about.
You are a professional. You care about your work and how it affects others. You love to create.
You have excellent coding skills, commitment to web standards, and practice human-centered design principles.
You are an excellent communicator.
You are fluent with HTML/CSS/JS.
You know what BEM, OOCSS and SMACSS are, and why they are important.
You are very comfortable with Git or similar source control solutions.
You test your code across browsers, platforms, and devices.
You're able to work independently. While you're a manager-of-one, you also have experience working in a team environment.
You enjoy collaboration and the sharing of ideas and concepts.
You are able to quickly relay feedback from a design session or stakeholder meeting into a prototype, and continue to work with the team towards shipping the final design.
You have a passion for quality and an eye for detail. You obsess over the customer's experience and the usability of the product you are building.
If you were working for us, here are some of the things you may have done last week, among other things…
- Participated in product reviews with your team and stakeholders.
- Deployed a new experience you’ve been working on that went through prototyping, and testing, but failed in a live a/b experiment… and learned from it.
- Pitched a different implementation of a design deliverable you received by prototyping your concept.
- Worked closely with a QA Analyst to review a bug in your code.
- Reviewed how a new design fits into our existing UI library, worked towards reducing duplicate styles, removed extraneous elements, and kept your code lean and DRY.
- Maintained the UI pattern library and updated existing, legacy code that doesn’t comply.
- Worked within constraints of business requirements and timelines.
- Created a git branch to work on a new feature.
- Identified new opportunities to improve the customer experience.
- Other front-end development related tasks as needed.
- Experience working on a Django web project.
- Experience working with e-commerce applications.
- Experience with MVVM or MVC frameworks (ReactJS, Angular, Backbone, etc)
- ReactJS and Preact
- Amazon Web Services
- and many others…
Include a link to any public code examples (websites, Github, etc) you may have.
1. Send a PDF of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
* This is not a telecommute job. *