Flocabulary, a rapidly growing ed-tech company that uses music to drive student achievement, is looking for a full-stack Software Engineer.
You’ll work on our dev team in a lightweight agile environment, on projects ranging from interactive student activities to dashboards for school administrators to internal tools for our sales, marketing, and creative teams.
As part of a small, fast-moving team working on an education app that just reached 1 million users, this position is an opportunity to have an instant impact on teachers and students in classrooms around the world.
Required experience and skills:
- You have 2 - 4 years experience in a similar role
- You have solid Python, SQL, JS and general programming skills and are comfortable reading, writing, and reasoning about code. Experience with Django and React is a plus.
- You write clear, testable, maintainable code, and enjoy communicating about how it works
- You're comfortable working on a small team and thrive in a lightweight development process (i.e. you expect to figure some implementation details out on your own without help, but are very comfortable asking questions too)
Some benefits and perks of working at Flocabulary
- Competitive salary
- Fully paid medical, vision, and dental insurance for full time employees and employer contribution toward dependent care
- Employer paid Health Savings Account (HSA) to offset the deductible
- Flexible time off and parental leave policies
- Retirement savings plan (401k) with partial company match
- Health & wellness stipend
- Weekly company sponsored workouts by the water
- Quarterly team outings
This is a full-time position located in Brooklyn, NY or Portland, OR (please indicate if you're interested in working in Portland). Pay is competitive and commensurate with experience. To apply for this position, please send a resume and a code sample.