Software Developer 2Posted by fevrokbot 5 months ago 2017-06-23 19:04:26
Software Developer 2 - 83839
Organization:ED-Energy Storage & Distributed Resources
Berkeley Lab (LBNL, http://www.lbl.gov) addresses the world’s most urgent scientific challenges by advancing sustainable energy, protecting human health, creating new materials, and revealing the origin and fate of the universe. Founded in 1931, Berkeley Lab’s scientific expertise has been recognized with 13 Nobel prizes. The University of California manages Berkeley Lab for the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Science.
Berkeley Lab’s Energy Storage & Distributed Resources Division (https://esdr.lbl.gov) has an opening for a Software Development 2. The primary responsibility of this Software Developer 2 position is to support the development, testing and implementation of software-based tools for optimization, planning and control of distributed energy resources (DER). This position requires substantial knowledge in VB.Net, Visual C#.NET, HTML5, SQL, as well as Java programming and knowledge on how to build scalable multi-threaded REST-APIs in both Java and Python. Basic knowledge in Operations Research / MILP techniques, optimization platforms (e.g. GAMS), mathematics, engineering, are required. You as a software developer will program and design interfaces to DER-CAM with Visual Basic, Java, Python, and database tools. This position will require you to work with the GIG on multiple DER-CAM projects.
What You Will Do:
• Develop new graphical modules/interfaces for DER-CAM, based on VB.Net, HTML5, C#.NET, or Java which support the functionality of internally developed DER-CAM models (https://building-microgrid.lbl.gov/projects/der-cam).
• Support the web-based Graphical User Interface programming of DER-CAM and build related databases.
• Support programming of flexible innovative frameworks and communication interfaces for models based on project-specific constraints.
The posting shall remain open until the position is filled, however for full consideration, please apply by close of business on June 30, 2017.
• This is a full time 1 year term appointment with the possibility of extension or conversion to Career appointmentbased upon satisfactory job performance, continuing availability of funds and ongoing operational needs.
• Full-time, M-F, exempt (monthly paid) from overtime pay.
• Salary is commensurate with experience.
• This position is contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
• Work will be primarily performed at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA.
How To Apply
Apply directly online at http://188.8.131.52/counter.php?id=102751 and follow the on-line instructions to complete the application process.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. Berkeley Lab is in compliance with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision under 41 CFR 60-1.4 (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf). Click here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) to view the poster: "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law".
What is Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems and minimum two (2) years related experience, or equivalent experience.
• High proficiency with VB.Net, HTML5, and Java.
• Experience with Maven & Jetty.
• Experience with Docker.
• Proven experience developing scalable, multi-threaded REST APIs, optimized for high load.
• Experience with Load Balancing.
• High proficiency with Python Django, Redis and other Relational Databases.
• High proficiency in programming Graphical User Interfaces.
• Basic understanding of operations research and optimization concepts.
• High proficiency with standard analysis tools as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, etc.
• Demonstrated ability in data visualization.
• Able to generate graphics that convey complex ideas and data elegantly.
• Ability to collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of scientists, and author technical reports and peer-reviewed publications.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
• Experience with numerical modeling based on GAMS.
• Basic knowledge of JSON.
|Monthly Salary||Unspecified||Seniority Level||Not Applicable|
|Employment Type||Full Time||Vacancies||0|