Mozilla is looking for an accessibility engineer to help design the next generation of the Firefox accessibility engine. Using your Windows system knowledge you will shape Mozilla’s efforts to take Firefox assistive technology support to the next level.
As an Accessibility Engineer here at Mozilla, you will…
- Lead design and implementation improvements to our accessibility IPC solution, including correctness, stability, and performance.
- Influence web standards that provide or improve access to new web technology.
- Diagnose and fix tricky bugs using advanced debugging techniques.
- Build excellent working relationships with engineers on other teams.
- Provide technical mentorship to the team in your areas of experience.
- In-depth knowledge of C++ software development.
- Experience with Windows software development: COM, threading, IPC, and events.
- You have a passion to improve the web for everyone.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of ARIA, IAccessible, and Microsoft UI Automation (UIA) a plus.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to growing diversity in our workplace.