SB Nation, the place where sports fans meet to be surprised and delighted, together, is looking for ambitious talent to help us be the best place for humans to share sports on social platforms. The ideal candidate has experience using social networks to keep up with what people are talking about and who understands why people engage on these platforms. As part of our newsroom, they will confidently cover live events and recognize moments that will resonate with sports fans. Most of all, it’ll be fun!
SB Nation is the fastest-growing online sports media brand and the largest network of more than 300 individual fan-centric sports communities, including SBNation.com, our national flagship property. Our network is powered by the most respected web-native sports journalists.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Professional social media experience
- A fan-centric passion for sports and genuine interest in Internet culture
- A demonstrated understanding of social media — Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook — and an eagerness to explore and play with emerging platforms
- Experience using real-time tools and native analytics for social networks
- Excellent writing and communication skills and the ability to multitask in a collaborative newsroom
- Familiarity with SBNation.com and the SB Nation network of brands
- Flexible schedule — this position is event-driven
- Ability to create social graphics and short form video with Adobe Creative Cloud a plus, but not required
What you would do:
- Discovery of real-time breaking news and trending social stories
- Contribute to coverage of live events using social media platforms
- Distribute SB Nation content, including social-native content, across platforms in a way that’s consistent with SB Nation’s voice
- Collaborate with our newsroom on story ideas, packaging and surfacing hooks for headlines and adapting our content and voice to social platforms.
- Create original social content for platforms like Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and Facebook.
Position may be located in DC or New York offices or remote. Salary is commensurate with experience. To apply, write us a 140-character cover letter, answer the questions below, and share three examples of stories or projects that demonstrate your ability to make good Internet.
About working at Vox Media: You’ll be joining a family of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about creating for the internet, building tools to foster online community, and doing work that’s challenging and fun. Vox Media is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply, including women, LGBTQ people, people of color, and people with disabilities.