Siri Infrastructure ManagerPosted by fevrokbot 4 months ago
DESCRIPTION: Changing the world is all in a day's work at Apple. If you love innovation, here's your chance to make a career of it. You'll work hard. But the job comes with more than a few perks.
The Siri Search team is creating groundbreaking technology for algorithmic search, machine learning, natural language processing, and artificial intelligence. The features we create are redefining how hundreds of millions of people use their computers and mobile devices to search and find what they are looking for. Siri’s universal search engine powers search features across a variety of Apple products, including Siri, Spotlight, Safari, Messages and Lookup. As part of this group, you will work with one of the most exciting high performance computing environments, with petabytes of data, millions of queries per second, and have an opportunity to imagine and build products that delight our customers every day.
- Required: 5+ years of relevant engineering work experience and 2+ hands-on technical management experience
- Deep experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale distributed big-data processing systems (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, MPP, ElasticSearch, Kafka) running in cloud environments (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud)
- Experience with coding query processing tasks based on SQL, Map-Reduce, Spark, HiveQL or other querying systems
- Coding experience in 1-2 of the following languages: Python, Java, C/C++, Scala, SQL, Shell Programming
- Track record in partnering with recruiting to build incredible engineering teams
- Actively coached and mentored team members in their careers
- Led several large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
- It’s nice if you have Machine-Learning experience, but if not and you’re the right candidate, we’ll teach you along the way!
- Design and build our core data pipeline architecture that powers all our information extraction and data integration products. In particular lead our effort to continually increase our scale and decrease our time to extraction on Internet-scale data-sets
- Collaborate with software engineers and product managers to understand data requirements
- Incorporate engineering practices into infrastructure operations enabling us to optimize infrastructure at scale effectively. Measure and vigilantly address infrastructure inefficiencies
- Work with, and coach, team members to help them debug and propose solutions to hard technical problems across our data platform
- Recruiting and hiring new team members, and helping them grow both in their roles at Apple and in their careers
Master's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience
Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
|Job Details||Job Requirements|
|Monthly Salary||Unspecified||Seniority Level||Not Applicable|
|Employment Type||Full Time||Vacancies||0|