DESCRIPTION: Changing the world is all in a day's work at Apple. If you love innovation, here's your chance to make a career of it. You'll work hard. But the job comes with more than a few perks.
The Siri Search team is creating groundbreaking technology for algorithmic search, machine learning, natural language processing, and artificial intelligence. The features we create are redefining how hundreds of millions of people use their computers and mobile devices to search and find what they are looking for. Siri’s universal search engine powers search features across a variety of Apple products, including Siri, Spotlight, Safari, Messages and Lookup. As part of this group, you will work with one of the most exciting high performance computing environments, with petabytes of data, millions of queries per second, and have an opportunity to imagine and build products that delight our customers every day.
- Experience with Python, Django, ORMs, and REST APIs
- Exposure to SQL-databases (PostgreSQL preferred), ElasticSearch, transactions, indexes, joins, and caching
- Previously worked with Docker, AWS/GCE, nginx, and shell scripting
- You know the best practices of how to write testable and reusable code
- Solid understanding of data structures, advanced algorithms and data pipeline architecture, including the operational trade-offs of various designs
- Good understanding of distributed systems, streaming, big-data processing systems
- We value aptitude and hunger no less than experience. We welcome talented engineers at all stages of their career -- senior tech leads, new grads, and interns included. We look forward to hearing from you!
- A suite of internal tools to turbo-boost the team to develop human-caliber "machine reading" systems
- Web applications to translate unlocked structured data into unprecedented social and business value
BS/MS in Computer Engineering/Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.