All of our developers are full-stack and work closely with Product, Design and QA teams to deliver features to about 45-55k users per day. Here is some of what you can expect working here:
- Autonomy. Developers are organized into autonomous teams of 2-4 developers and have a lot of control over how they collaborate, communicate, and generally work.
- Agility. Teams practice scrum, work in sprints, calculate velocity, do code reviews and rely on Continuous Integration.
- Diversity. Women make up roughly a third of our team, and we have people from all over the world on our team. It’s part of what makes our culture great.
- Location Independence. Remote work is built into our company’s DNA. Half of our developers are remote, including our CTO!
- Craftsmanship. We have excellent engineers spanning all skill levels, and we all are committed to becoming better at our craft. We practice Lunch & Learns and mentorship.
- Stewardship. We are big proponents of open source, use it a lot, and give back to the community wherever we can.
Our legacy codebase is constantly evolving to incorporate modern technologies. We started with Java, moved into JRuby on Rails leveraging the Java code with JRuby, and are now incorporating React where it makes sense.
We truly care about our people, and as such are strong believers in having fun at work, continuing education and work/life/family balance. We demonstrate that in the followings ways:
- Competitive Pay. We hire excellent people and reward them accordingly.
- Flexible Work Hours. If you work better evenings than mornings, that’s fine by us!
- One Paid Conference per year (includes hotel and airfare).
- DashCon. An internal yearly conference showcasing our engineering culture.
- 10% time per week to invest in open source or self-education.
- Great benefits. Health, dental, vision, 401k, and more.
- Parties! We can fly you out for our company-wide get-togethers.
- Good times guarantee. Board game nights and Bad-joke Wednesdays, our favorite perk ;-)
Fun Facts about On-Site
- OSM is an acronym for On-Site Manager and is pronounced “Awesome”
- Mondays are just Mondays
- Tuesdays are Kitten Tuesdays, we post cat pictures in chat
- Wednesdays are Bad Joke Wednesdays
- Thursdays are Thankful Thursdays where we give shout outs to our peers
- Team coffee run on Fridays along with Friday pics for sharing resources
- Monthly birthday food trucks
- We celebrate important days like waffle day, pizza day, etc.
- Telephone Pictionary with our “OSM” designers
At On-Site, we value personality and fit as much as we value the engineering ability and technical expertise. We want to keep our work environment positive, helpful and collaborative.
We are looking for developers who can both hold strong opinions and be humble about them at the same time. We are looking for pragmatists, and people who can empathize with users and team members.
You must demonstrate strong skills in either Rails, Java, or React. While we don’t expect you to know all of the above, you should at least be very proficient at one or more of these. Almost all of our engineers are full-stack, so you must be willing to branch out and master different levels of the technology stack. You will be expected to code with Rails, Java and React.
A minimum of 2 years of professional development experience is required. You should demonstrate the ability to understand and develop requirements, and produce elegant, extensible object-oriented code (you will be tested on this).
We cannot sponsor work visas; you must be eligible to work in the US.
Founded in 1999 in Silicon Valley, On-Site is modernizing the apartment rental industry to meet today’s consumer’s expectations. We help property managers find tenants, qualify them and sign leases online.
We are self-funded and profitable, with growth fueled directly by product sales. We’ve got a terrific 25 person engineering team and are looking to expand it with the right people.
Our company culture is relaxed, and we value humility, craftsmanship, having fun at work, delighting our users and work/life balance. Many of our team developers have been working here for over 5 years.