Senior Technical Support EngineerPosted by fevrokbot 3 months ago
Twilio Technical Support Engineers are the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners; we’ll count on you to interact in a friendly and professional way. You will work with our customers’ and partners’ developers, architects and support personnel to resolve complex problems with potentially very costly and far-reaching consequences.
About the job:
- Be the voice of Twilio and will help customer with issues related to their accounts.
- Utilize customer feedback to identify and drive improvements in our customer interfaces.
- Interact, collaborate and network with other departments in Twilio in your search for solutions that our customers need.
- Work cross functionally with Engineering, Product Management and Sales. Sometimes you will work with similar cross-functional teams from partner organizations.
- Help us understand customer trends, documenting and reporting what you observe to the management team in order to better improve our support process.
- 5+ years experience in a client-facing technical role
- 5+ years of telecomm experience required. For example, you have implemented, deployed and/or maintained/supported Avaya/Cisco/OpenVBX/or similar platforms of significant size.
- The time management skills to handle a large volume of tickets while maintaining high Customer Satisfaction and meeting SLA targets
- Demonstrated technical background and application
- Demonstrated history of customer focus and empathy
- Ability to diplomatically address customer concerns and provide feedback
- Expert level knowledge of IP Telephony protocols is required
- A firm understanding of the technology stacks common to the Web ecosystem
- You are good at and enjoy debugging other people’s code.
- Solid understanding of computer networking
- Experience with troubleshooting and resolving QoS (Quality of Service) issues, including escalations to third parties
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree or have equivalent work experience (5+ years industry experience in a similar role)
- Demonstrated ability to make teams better
- Experience working with team members in different geographic locations and timezones.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and coach other members of the team in technical and process aspects of their jobs.
- Twilio operates a 24/7 support model so the ability to work weekends and holidays (as needed) may be required.
- Previous experience with creating a Twilio application.
- iOS and Android programming experience
- Experience with call centers and/or IVRs from a technical perspective
- Experience in a mentoring, coaching, or teaching capacity.
Twilio’s mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
|Job Details||Job Requirements|
|Monthly Salary||Unspecified||Seniority Level||Not Applicable|
|Employment Type||Full Time||Vacancies||0|