About Us: Green Bits was founded by engineers with experience crafting global accounting software with complex compliance requirements. In 2014, we started working with recreational marijuana retailers on a focused mission: develop a point-of-sale product that matches their unique workflows and business demands, from seed-to-sale tracking, to long checkout lines, to customer sales limits and complex inventory batch tracking. Since then, we've taken more than 60% of the Washington state retail space and are rapidly growing into new markets. We were also first runner-up in the 2015 San Francisco TechCrunch Disrupt (anyone watch HBO's Silicon Valley?). If you'd like to get to know us better, check out our company values. We use these values to keep ourselves in check in every decision we make.
We are looking for engineers who want to help us define an industry that could grow to over $20B in 4 years or less. Our product team is pioneering a new way for canna-businesses to run and our goal is to provide the most efficient and profitable way to run a canna-business while simplifying legal compliance.
Automation is at the core of our engineering team, and we do not believe that we can effectively deliver product and grow as a team without it.
Constantly be solving tough and interesting problems -- like how to provide a simplified experience for customers in different states, keeping them compliant with all the local laws, and interacting with each state’s traceability systems.
Help us run software that is the backbone of our customer's business. We do not believe downtime is acceptable and will constantly remain focused on how to minimize this possibility.
Leverage your love for the challenge of continuously delivering new features while maintaining an extremely high level of reliability to our customers.
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- 4+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Solid experience with React.JS, React Native, and/or Ruby on Rails
- Strong computer science fundamentals, demonstrated by the ability to learn new technologies quickly and to choose the right technology for the problem being solved
- Excellent communication skills
- A willingness to speak up if you believe we are working on the wrong things
- Startup experience or equivalent (fast-paced, fluid, and highly accountable)
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in CS, STEM, or comparable
- Strong understanding and experience with MySQL
- Past experience with AWS