Senior Software Engineer, PaymentsPosted by fevrokbot 3 months ago
Udacity’s mission is to democratize education. We’re an online learning platform offering groundbreaking education in fields such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, virtual reality, and more. Focused on self-empowerment through learning, Udacity is making innovative technologies such as self-driving cars available to a global community of aspiring technologists, while also enabling learners at all levels to skill up with essentials like programming, web and app development. Udacity is looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our exciting Engineering team. If you love a challenge, and truly want to make a difference in the world, read on!
In this role you’ll help pursue Udacity’s mission by expanding our offerings to additional currencies, payment instruments, and pricing structures. You’ll own our payment systems, and be endlessly creative about developing new ways to offer our courses to new students, and ruthlessly pragmatic about pursuing what works and ditching what doesn’t. The mission is to bring education to as many people around the globe as possible, and you’ll be critical in making that happen.
Check out our engineering team: https://vimeo.com/135723573
- Designing and implementing services to accept payments in localized payment methods and local currencies around the globe
- Designing and implementing federated systems hosted in multiple availability zones and countries to respond quickly to users regardless of locale while maintaining consistency across the organization
- Collaborating with multiple teams to experiment with and quantitatively evaluate the business and user impact of different payment structures
- Build and integrate with fraud detection and prevention services
- Build internal tooling for administering payments and subscriptions
- Maintain high code quality and forward-thinking design
- Collaborate with international teams to treat their students in a first-class fashion
- Collaborate with internal teams (finance, accounting, marketing, support) to maximize transparency of financial performance and ease of administration.
- Experience with object-oriented design
- Knowledge of, or willingness and ability to become fluent in Python, Go, and Ruby on Rails
- Focus on building the best experience possible for our users, both external and internal
- Willingness to become a domain expert in domestic and international payments processing
- Experience with distributed systems, including microservices, service-oriented architecture, RPC, messaging, and queuing
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
|Job Details||Job Requirements|
|Monthly Salary||Unspecified||Seniority Level||Not Applicable|
|Employment Type||Full Time||Vacancies||0|
|Skills||ruby,rails,machine learning,software engineer,full stack,senior,intern,python,distributed,marketing,engineer,senior software engineer|