Headquartered in Birmingham, AL, ProctorU is the leading authority for online identity and knowledge verification. We help create trust in the knowledge earned online through professional-grade proctoring and multi-factor identity verification. Our premium services are designed to dissuade cheating by combining the benefits of technology, highly-specialized training and personal presence. We administer 2,000,000,000 exams annually with over 1,000 institutions in 129 countries.
Our Engineering team gets to innovate and experiment daily with some of the latest technologies in our industry for a product that is paving the way in our space. We are always looking for opportunities to learn, grow, and have fun with one another. Our team has a fun environment that encourages individuality, collaboration, and creative problem solving.
We are looking for a talented individual to join our engineering team in Birmingham, Alabama. In this role, the Senior Software Engineer is responsible for understanding challenges and issues that could be solved with technology and creating solutions for both staff and institutional partners. The main area of responsibility is to establish clear lines of communication between staff, partners and software engineers: understanding their needs and working to provide a programmatic solution to solve an issue or create a tool to support an unmet need. Senior Software Engineers also serve to support integration partners and have knowledge and experience with the ProctorU API.
Essential Job Duties Include:
- Communicate with SVP, staff and partners to understand and anticipate needs and project requirements
- Create project milestones, deliverables and timelines for implementation
- Provides leadership, direction, growth, and assistance to Programmers and Software Engineers
- Completes implementation, testing, and documentation of development projects and tasks
- Responsible for QA, testing, documenting, and logging project progress and release
- Arranges project/milestone in programming sequence
- Provides timely project deliverables based on implementation plan
- Prepares reference, documentation, and testing methodologies for applications and related errors
- Provides mentoring and leadership to Software Engineers and Programmers
- Available to QA / review code created by Software Engineers and Programmers
- Tests Base-cases, and outliers
- Assist employees on operation of IT projects and provide first line level of support for bugs, errors, or feature requests
- Attend educational workshops
- Reviewing professional publications
Other Job Duties Include:
- Special projects and other responsibilities as assigned by leadership
- Maintain relationships and lines of communication with all departments
- Ensure a safe, pleasant and comfortable work environment for all test takers and employees
- Education: BS (computer science or related) or in the process of obtaining, MS preferred
- Experience: Min. 4 years’ experience in programming/software development and User Interface design
- Strong eye for detail
- Excellent multitasking and information analysis abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and employees through all mediums.
- Ability to be responsive, resourceful and adept at problem-resolution
- Ability to achieve positive satisfaction results from customers and employees
- Programming and software algorithm design
Why Work for ProctorU?
We are an innovative, nimble, and driven company with a high level of integrity. We work collaboratively to achieve shared goals which creates an environment of cross functional trust and dependability. And we like to have fun, too! From Holiday parties to celebrating birthdays to video game nights, we make sure to balance the hard work and dedication with some company fun time.
We also offer great benefits which includes:
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance with generous employer funding for employees and dependents
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account with generous employer funding
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Company-sponsored short-term and long-term disability plans
- Company-sponsored life insurance
- Company-subsidized pet insurance
- Perks program for corporate discounts on a variety of services and items
- Annual stipend (prorated for new hires) for qualified expenses such as student loan debt, gym membership, home gym equipment, child care costs, and/or educational expenses within line of work
- Dog-friendly office
- Casual working environment