Senior Rails Software EngineerPosted by fevrokbot 1 month ago
Headquarters: New York, NY
Who are we?
At Spreemo Health we believe that advanced data science can prevent serious misdiagnoses and poor outcomes. Using that approach, Spreemo Health has helped tens of thousands of injured employees at Fortune 500 companies recover better, faster, and more affordably, fueling our rapid ascent as one of the 100 fastest-growing tech companies in North America. When you join Spreemo Health you will see first-hand how we prioritize a diverse workforce. Join the brightest minds in medicine, technology, and venture investing in our fight to democratize access to high-quality, cost-efficient care.
Who you are:
We’re looking for engineers who empathize with the end-users of our products, care about making the world a better place, and want to be surrounded by people by other like minded individuals. We also expect you to care equally as much about honing your craft, always seeking to learn new and better ways of building and testing features that make a difference. You’ll be responsible for spearheading the development of user interfaces, business logic, and full-stack integrations within the web app through which our customers refer injured employees.
In particular, you'll have:
- A strong enough grasp of both Ruby itself, as well as the Rails framework, that you can help with code reviews and mentor Associate Software Engineers
- Experience excelling in a distributed team environment
- Outstanding communication skills. You can clearly share ideas with people across a myriad of mediums.
- Experience building features that matter in an agile development environment
- You’ve talked to stakeholders to tease out requirements. You’ve written first drafts of code on your own, and made them better with feedback from your teammates. You write elegant, correct, fast, and highly testable code
- Well-founded opinions that can be verbalized, and yet are able to change your mind based on new information
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability. We care about results, not who does the work. We are a lean startup. Sometimes we need to get things done, no matter who does it/helps out.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and Docker
- A thorough understanding of full-stack security
- A background in healthcare or financial services engineering
- We come to work each day and actually fix healthcare by democratizing access to high-quality, cost-efficient care
- The engineering department is good at working with full-time employees dedicated to the team both local and US-remote -- we “get” remote!!!
- We move quickly in innovative, independent teams that build features that matter
- We’re obsessed with testing and code quality - we care about our systems, users, and patients!
- We are always learning, teaching, and growing
- We embrace failure, making sure we take risks and learn from our mistakes
- We have a culture of trust, continual improvement, and mutual support
- A few times a year, we get the whole engineering team together for a few days of workshops, lightning talks, urban adventures, and an epic hackathon.
Our Software Engineers are full-time employees, with a competitive salary, as well as stock options and great benefits. Benefits include: 401K, medical, dental & vision insurance, FSA, pre-tax commuter benefits, lots of paid time off and flexible hours.
To apply: Candidates located in the USA can apply via our careers site: https://jobs.lever.co/spreemo.com/f9ccce00-3ec1-4689-b488-58daf67b8a7b?lever-origin=applied&lever-source%5B%5D=weworkremotely
|Job Details||Job Requirements|
|Monthly Salary||Unspecified||Seniority Level||Not Applicable|
|Employment Type||Full Time||Vacancies||0|
|Skills||ruby,rails,docker,software engineer,full-stack,api,senior,amazon web services,security,dba,distributed,data science,agile,engineer|
|Location||United States, California, California City|