- Job type: Permanent
- Experience level: Senior
- Role: Backend Developer
- Industry: Open Source Software Development
- Company size: 10-20
- Company type: Private
- Code Repository: https://www.github.com/Lamden
About the Role:
Lamden is seeking a senior backend engineer to oversee and continue development on our custom blockchain system. Our stack is 100% Python for ease of development and adoption by the community.
As an open source software company, our fortè is in developing an engineering focused culture that is eager to pickup industry unknown problem domains and master them. Some of the problems that we solve include decentralized networking, open governance models, and smart contracting design. Each step forward provides a new and exciting problem landscape to solve.
Working at Lamden grants you the autonomy as a developer to contribute your knowledge and viewpoints directly to the overall production of the product and we expect our developers to add critical feedback and analysis to the system design decisions.
- Develop the forefront aspects of the blockchain platform.
- Act as a resource to junior to mid level developers when needed.
- Contribute to the discussions on open governance and trustless system modeling.
- Provide feedback to the general architecture and security of the decentralized system.
- Computer Science Degree (BS or higher)
- Hands on experience developing P2P applications
- Understanding of decentralized systems such as Bitcoin and Bittorrent
- Experience with Python networking development (Go/Scala may be acceptable)
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and MVP delivery cycles
- 5+ years working in software engineering
- 3+ years developing P2P networks
- M.S./PhD in Computer Science
- Experience developing blockchain technology
- Familiar with distributed computing paradigms and asynchronous networking libraries such as ZeroMQ
- Knowledge of potential attack vectors of decentralized systems and potential solutions to said problems
- Contributions to the open source community
- Experience with PGP encryption
- Competitive Salary and Negotiable Benefits