“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 15,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
The Senior Java Developer is a key role on a collaborative project team, responsible for the design and production of mission critical,enterprise-scale business systems. The Senior Java Developer is well versed in the technical and interpersonal skills needed to lead, coach and mentor development teams. Using a thorough understanding of the logistics business domain, the Senior Java Developer is responsible for the translation of requirements into system design specifications and the implementation of systems throughout the entire software development life cycle. This role is also responsible for maintaining an awareness of evolving technologies in use by other teams at Expeditors and in the technology industry as a whole.
- Object-oriented analysis and design.
- Object-oriented programming and component-based development with Java.
- Enterprise software development and leadership experience.
- Customer service-oriented attitude, top-notch time management, and quality driven designs.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- At least 7 years of professional software development experience. Preferred Experience:
- BS in Computer Science or comparable work experience.
- Event-driven Architecture.
- Experience with transportation and logistics.
- Experience with Axon Framework, Domain Driven Design, Distributed Systems, CQRS.
- Experience with Eclipse or IntelliJ IDE’s, various plug-ins, Maven, Nexus, Git.
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (US only)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.