We are expanding our team and are looking for smart, enthusiastic, passionate Senior Java Developers in a full-time position to work with the development team in our Munich office.
optile is a Munich-based B2B company that offers an open and provider-independent payment platform to help businesses integrate multiple payment gateways, providers, and methods on a global scale. Our software guarantees online businesses more freedom of choice and a reduced complexity in their payment transactions. optile provides intelligent payment solutions and tools to enable cross provider controlling and scoring, and to help our customers to reduce their operating costs.
- writing efficient, reliable, robust, well-tested, fantastic code while iterating on features
- important for our product
- building reliable APIs and API backends with well thought out functionality
- working independently, with high autonomy within our teams
- welcoming feedback and support from your peers while also giving the same
- contributing to specification, design, build and test phases of development
- learning new things and help us learn new things, too
- proven hands-on experience with Java, Spring, JUnit or TestNG, git and Maven
- passion for strong engineering practices and building quality software
- familiarity with agile, iterative design processes
- a post-secondary or university degree is an asset. Relevant, proven experience and knowledge works too
- good communication skills in English
- experience with OSGi, because we run some legacy services off that
- experience with AWS/GCE, because we run more and more services there
- experience with Docker/OCI and containers in general, because we're using that
- experience with NoSQL databases, because we run MongoDB and ElasticSearch
- development experience with web-based applications, especially ReactJS, but also in
- general (JSP/HTML/CSS/JS)
- experience with LifeRay, because we have a legacy application using it
- German language skills
- experience operating in a fast paced, startup environment
- a solid understanding of networking and security concepts
What We Offer
- a dynamic and spirited team that knows how to have fun
- high potential for personal development
- the ability to have an impact and shape the future of optile
- a working environment built around people
- other extraordinary benefits reaching from free beverages and weekly team dinners to a flexible working style and a spacious, naturally lit office space
E-commerce continues to grow dynamically and payments are an important part of it. Payments are one of the last big areas vulnerable to disruption and optile has a superior range of solutions and unique value propositions that will help us to succeed within this growing market.
With an experienced team of motivated online payment professionals, optile bundles a unique and profound know-how with respect to online payments and e-commerce. Founded in 2010, optile consists of a truly international team of over 60 team members from a wide variety of countries.