SportsRecruits is a platform that provides clubs, athletes and their families access to every college coach in the country. Club organizations use our platform to empower their athletes in the recruiting process and oversee their efforts and communication with complete transparency. Connections made on the platform have resulted in commitments to the best academic and athletic institutions across the country. SportsRecruits is privately held and headquartered in Downtown Brooklyn.
About the Position
We are a team of fun, intelligent, happy, and hardworking co-workers (check out our dev team culture) who occasionally take advantage of the office kegerators. We are profitable, funded and giving more high school athletes the ability to play college athletics than any other recruiting tool out there. Your problem-solving skills will make a direct impact in how we scale and grow the company.
We are looking for a front-end developer that will work on building the new front-end UI of the site using EmberJS and will build and maintain a live style guide. You will be working with our SR API extensively, improving our build process and optimizing the frontend app performance. This person will also work closely with the design team to enable designers to produce high-quality ember components on their own.
- Act as primary front-end developer of all websites, mobile apps, and other software efforts
- Work on all aspects of the software lifecycle process, with a focus on design, implementation, and QA
- Write great code conforming to established development standards with great consideration for optimized performance and maintainability
- Minimum 2-3 years developing web based applications in a professional team-based environment
- Experience working with teams of developers and designers on web projects
- Experience and working knowledge of Flexbox, CSS Grid, and CSS3 animations
- Strong understanding of cross-browser issues and debugging
- Passion for good design and usability on the web
- Experience with integrations using 3rd party APIs
- Experience with Node.js and build tools including Gulp and Webpack
- Version control systems including Git
- Bug tracking systems including JIRA
- Experience with mobile development and responsive design a major plus
- Knowledge of PHP and EmberJS is a major plus
- Proficiency in Photoshop and other Adobe CS applications is a plus