Forbes is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join the Digital team in our Jersey City, NJ, office. The position, reporting into the Senior Director of DevOps, will be responsible for leading our effort to migrate our entire infrastructure from a data center into AWS / GCP / Azure. This person will be responsible for selecting the appropriate cloud providers, architecting the new infrastructure, planning the migration and executing against a roadmap.
In addition to joining a high performing team, you would be joining a passionate and engaged culture that celebrates:
Entrepreneurship: Freedom to innovate, identify new opportunities and take on responsibilities.
Career Development: Formal mentorship program, industry conference attendance and speaking opportunities.
Work/life Balance: Flexible work schedule, regular group outings, celebration of passion projects and side hustles, optional mindfulness sessions twice a month.
Positivity: Emphasis on positive communication, transparency and team building.
If you're looking for challenges and opportunities similar to those of a startup, with the benefits of a seasoned, successful company, read on.
What you will be doing:
- Help lead cloud migration
- Evangelize DevOps best practices to the broader tech organization
- Mentor new and existing team members
- Build best-in-class service engineering capabilities in the DevOps team
- Implement best practices including, but not limited to, containerization coverage, deployment -frequency, speed of deployment, deployment success rate, server recovery / reboot time, new environment deployment time
- Manage Docker container clusters with Kubernetes
- Establish robust/automated monitoring and alerting system
- Implement effective caching strategy for Forbes.com
- Identify opportunities for automation and optimization and build it into the deployment cycle to improve quality, productivity and efficiency
- Contribute to CI/CD maturity journey of the engineering organization
- Establish a culture of high performance, transparency and continuous improvement
- Provide estimation, timeline & cost inputs for budgets working in collaboration with engineers, product managers and stakeholders
- Management of AWS / GCP / Azure technologists and operations engineers including goal setting, performance management, coaching, mentoring and development planning
- Manage the collaboration with corresponding cross functional teams for issues/requests requiring code changes or support with appropriate priority
What we are looking for:
- Led or participated in at least 1 cloud migration
- 5 + years of Tech Ops work experience
- 2 + years of experience as a technology leader leading, establishing & managing enterprise DevOps, CI/CD solutions, automation, scripting and configuration management, with a proven track record of successfully delivering cloud services
- Extensive experience in Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform and/or Azure stacks
- Experience with CI/CD tools e.g., Jenkins/Chef/Puppet, CloudFormation or similar tools
- Experience building, configuring and versioning infrastructure with Terraform or Ansible
- Experience with Varnish VCL Language
- Experience with Fastly and Akamai CDNs
About Forbes The defining voice of entrepreneurial capitalism, Forbes champions success by celebrating those who have made it, and those who aspire to make it. Forbes convenes and curates the most-influential leaders and entrepreneurs who are driving change, transforming business and making a significant impact on the world. The Forbes brand today reaches more than 120 million people worldwide through its trusted journalism, signature LIVE events, custom marketing programs and 40 licensed local editions in 70 countries. Forbes Media’s brand extensions include real estate, education and financial services license agreements. For more information, visit: www.forbes.com/forbes-media/
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.