At Recordsure we pride ourselves on our development professionalism, using as many modern practices & tools as suit the things we need to build.
Agile practices are our norm, whilst we organise ourselves on Jira, Confluence and GitHub, keeping in constant daily contact with one-another on Skype.
We love delivering, innovating & collaborating; and support each other in our individual learnings and group challenges.
You will work remotely with regular team interactions over Skype.
Your first and future projects
You will be working on a leading edge tool for annotating audio (and later, other media types) for our users to efficiently transcribe and markup important media elements in a number of ways that can be used to then train our Artificial Intelligence systems. This product line is going to need a host of custom controls to be designed and delivered, and the complexity of some of the data you’ll be working with would befuddle many lesser developers.
Engaging directly with users and stakeholders to refine the design and deliver on expectations you will likely want to be based either at our Leeds office, or working from home not too far away, in order to specify designs and then to get user feedback, whilst you'll also want to pop down to London once or twice a month to work with your development peers, perhaps to work with them on specifications for APIs for the exchange of richer media and annotations.
You’ll need to get to grips with some fairly sophisticated requirements, working in partnership with our language, speech and data-science teams, whilst you will have user-interface nouse to take a fledgling 'we need it to do this', through a range of UX prototypes, to an ultimate product that is going to be effective and efficient for your users.
Although you will have relative freedom on technology choices you will be inheriting a strongly WPF focussed application with a C# core, that uses RESTful communication with our backend services.
In addition you may also have the opportunity to work on other projects, including Skype command-and-control, video capture integration, desktop/screen recording or helping build some real time streaming capabilities.
You’re a self-starter: a highly enthusiastic and motivated C# developer used to agreeing design patterns, technology and architecture decisions, coding frameworks and standards with other senior developers.
You will have a solid knowledge in C# 5.0 or above and can have robust discussions about WPF, MVVM, Prism, WCF and its operation contracts and callbacks.
You care about quality: not just in the end product, but also in delivering code that other developers can maintain.
You should be up to speed with modern TDD practices, working in an agile environment, with excellent unit test coverage, and be familiar with continuous integration and deployment practises.
You should have the ability to own a user story from start to finish.
If you are interested, please read the 'Skills and Requirements', and then have a go at our online test.
Online applicant test
- C#: Visual Studio keeps you warm at night, whilst type safety and Generics makes you feel content.
- WPF: you know your data templates from control templates and dependency properties from attached properties.
- Multi-threading and async: you know your critical sections from your mutexes, semaphores and locks; and your brain works like the Windows scheduler so deciding between thread or and process based design is as natural to you as breathing
- Unit testing: you visualise how to unit test it before you even create a class for the business feature
- Design patterns and SOLID: you know that you don’t have to re-invent the wheel but instead look for design patterns and practises that will help you look good among your peers.
- Wix, Reactive Extensions:if you’ve got any experience, we’ll gladly use it. If not, then we’ll be asking you to learn it!
- English: not only did you understand this advert, but you could write it too - and more importantly, you can debate your technical solutions with developers and business people around the world.
You working location must be close enough to Leeds, United Kingdom, that you can travel to our central office on average once per week, whilst you are welcome to work from that office more frequently if that suits you.
Please use the Hacker Rank link to apply for the job. It comprises of some multiple choice questions followed by a coding test.
Online applicant test
Genuinely the leader in providing face-to-face recording solutions in Financial Services, we have also now started providing solutions to government.
Our new approach to evaluating sales conversations and interviews using Artificial Intelligence is gathering steam - and has enough wow factor to start taking on the $billion companies that provide 'customer contact analytics' - as we have a world class speech, language and data science team and some amazing developers, testers and technical operations experts to wrap it all with product.